When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Vintage Hiawatha CWC Bicycle Horn Tank 1940’s 1950’s Western Flyer Hawthorne

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$45
Zipcode

Alienbaby17

Finally riding a big boys bike
Vintage Hiawatha CWC Bicycle Horn Tank 1940’s 1950’s Western Flyer Hawthorne.

This bicycle horn tank came off approximately a 1950 (Possibly give or take a couple years either way) Hiawatha ladies bicycle with 26” tires. This was on a full-size adult model. The manufacturer (Cleveland Welding Co.) also made Western Flyer and Hawthorne bicycles during this time period. I believe this is very, very similar, if not the exact same part they used on those bikes as well. However I encourage you to do your research and confirm this. I’m not an expert.

Condition is "Used".
I bought this bicycles as a “parts bike”. It had seen a rough life and the frame was cracked. The tank has obviously been repainted. The horn is included but has not been tested. The battery tray looks to be too rusted to test the horn. Having worked with many old bicycles it’s my guess that the horn battery leaked acid and corroded away some of the part that holds the battery in place. There is some rust and small rust holes on the half of the tank that does not have the horn. It might be a pretty rough starting point for a show winning restoration but I think with a little body filler spread out on the inside it could be made to be very presentable.

Please look at photos as they tell a better story regarding condition than my photos probably do.
*****NOTE. Photo showing the complete bicycle is the actual bicycle this tank was removed from. The complete bicycle is not included. No other parts besides the tank and horn are included. This is for the tank and horn only.

$45 shipped.

Continental U.S. shipping only.
Shipped and insured with USPS Priority Mail.

DB7C47EF-C716-4E7C-AD32-CE89B28B57B8.jpeg

10B03374-C835-4AA8-8D94-050B91A8C8EC.jpeg

A1236A87-AD49-4B7B-8E53-62F6FA3E4034.jpeg

D569011C-B151-46C1-B170-F2F4CFCE3391.jpeg

B7983501-B6B2-4FE6-A3AC-832F0F04016B.jpeg

9E4CD532-6C77-435A-9FFA-FCE60F571BCD.jpeg

Definitely Hiawatha but the horn button is on the opposite side as mine(?).
I'm looking for the frame. You still have it?

Definitely Hiawatha but the horn button is on the opposite side as mine(?).
I'm looking for the frame. You still have it?
Sorry, no. It was cracked and a conglomeration of mismatched parts when I got it so I parted it out.

Back