When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When did late postwar tanks start bringing 400 ?!?!?

-
Musta mist it Jason.
Kin yu post da linc?
It is about supply and demand- the attention the piece receives when posted, " The WOWS", overall condition of the item and how patient you are- and how much you are willing to spend to complete your project today. I know these parts are very hard to find but sometimes. I think the Guy who owns it just says to himself, 'What`s the biggest number I can think of ", while looking up at the sky. "I`ll ask twice as much as the last one sold for." In most instances he`s just bragging about what he`s got- and even when he does sell something, he thinks "I should have asked for more..." It`s Greed- Boys and Girls. Only the High End SUPER CORRECT BIKES can justify those prices for single pieces, and sometimes not even then. But you`re right, the prices for parts on the Mid-Range bikes is getting out of hand, for the same reasons. So, don`t pay it- PASS- another one will come along. Patience. It`s been my experience many times after paying more for something than it was really worth that almost the next week - you`ll find another one- for a fraction of that. And then you kick yourself ...And as said many times before in the forum- don`t start with a frame unless you`re making a Roadster---save your money and buy a whole original bike--it`s cheaper in the long run...and there`s plenty of them out there.--------Cowboy

NOT supply and demand, just new and impatient builders and collectors, especially for Schwinn parts. They made made millions of these, really.... its just a waiting game on most all parts in any color for those. You can probably buy a whole correct color bike in original paint for the same price a year from the now or at least when the fad is over. Nothing like being the Ford of bicycles.

NOT supply and demand, just new and impatient builders and collectors, especially for Schwinn parts. They made made millions of these, really.... its just a waiting game on most all parts in any color for those. You can probably buy a whole correct color bike in original paint for the same price a year from the now or at least when the fad is over. Nothing like being the Ford of bicycles.
Or Chevy:unamused:

There`s a lot of work involved to find those pieces...and other ways to find them. You can`t just tap into the Forum every night or Zebay , and hope somebody didn`t beat you to it or just go to bed disgusted because it wasn`t there.
The Forum here looking for stuff is good - but watch those posts and contact other members who work on similar bikes, make friends- do some trading- help them out with something they need and then they`ll help you back. Everything here shouldn`t be about the money. Give until it hurts a little... They`ll be looking out for you in their travels . I gave a friend an Autocycle Tank one time - took it off a Complete Bike. It`s just stuff...His friendship was worth more than money. Also, in your area- wherever you are, there are other Bike collectors- and each one has a jewel in his collection. Find them, they`re everywhere. One Bike in a barn, or a whole collection. Find those guys that haul scrap metal or clean out houses and barns- tell them what you`re looking for. One brought me a complete but faded RADIOBIKE one time! Be generous when they find you something. Find those old guys who have worked on bicycles for years and see what they have. The more you do business with them- the better the prices will get... and they can use your money.This is not a lazy man`s hobby. I`m old, pulled my time already...slowing down now...
But I bought a ROUGH Bluebird from a junk yard 35 years ago for $5... It`s true. God Bless,---Cowboy

Last edited:
Back