When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is this being ignored?

-
Wooow - a real case of buyer beware. I think everyone should always practice caveat emptor. That said, auction houses should have some responsibility when describing an item if it has not been authenticated. All the best auction houses have been fooled before and will be fooled again. It is a shame that they do not do more due diligence on items submitted for sale. This also brings up the subject of experts and those who do authenticate these items. Experts can be wrong and at times disagree with each other over authenticity. Where there is a lack of documentation - I would want quite a few opinions before I would spend my 48,000 bucks. This said there are fakes and imposters in all our museums and collections across the world. I always think of the Lovejoy episode where they build a fake Brough Superior S100..... Link below. Anyway - bummer for the person who purchased it.

http://dai.ly/x39pm9o

I raised this issue on the Merkel thread. A TOC bicycle with a new paper decal, a bizarre vanity tank off a Westfield (?) and what appears to be an improperly mounted motor wheel. Can't say I'm upset to see anything Merkel or Miami being overvalued, but it would have been nice if it actually had been an actual Merkel rather then some anonymous rando bike wearing someone else's colors. More money than sense.

Any way, anybody want to buy a nice Merkel decal? Hit me up, only $30,000 each.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 9.41.28 AM.png

Last edited:
Meh......you guys just take this stuff too seriously........in all these mc/cars/bicycle auctions or other your missing the big picture if you don’t see that the object is just that......it’s a dream that’s being sold, my buddy sells very high end cars n bikes “I’m not selling a Ferrari I’m selling a dream”.......the bike is goofy but I doubt the buyer cares one way or the other.....very unlikely he/she has time or desire to see what some bicycle enthusiasts on a website have to say.....enjoy life go ride a bike or something guys

You’d change your tone if he was buying for you...I’m more shocked to see this p.o.s in the merkel blog yes merkel engine but that thing is a joke.. another one that doesn’t care... if your serious about something you collect or want to get top dollar for you should care.. pity the fool who bought it for sure but then what about the next person?

Meh......you guys just take this stuff too seriously........in all these mc/cars/bicycle auctions or other your missing the big picture if you don’t see that the object is just that......it’s a dream that’s being sold, my buddy sells very high end cars n bikes ''I'm not selling a Ferrari I'm selling a dream''.......the bike is goofy but I doubt the buyer cares one way or the other.....very unlikely he/she has time or desire to see what some bicycle enthusiasts on a website have to say.....enjoy life go ride a bike or something guys

Have heard that line in a few H'wood movies in
recent years ... never did 'get it' ......... do now .....

Thank you - thehugheseum

..... patric

Meh......you guys just take this stuff too seriously........in all these mc/cars/bicycle auctions or other your missing the big picture if you don’t see that the object is just that......it’s a dream that’s being sold, my buddy sells very high end cars n bikes “I’m not selling a Ferrari I’m selling a dream”.......the bike is goofy but I doubt the buyer cares one way or the other.....very unlikely he/she has time or desire to see what some bicycle enthusiasts on a website have to say.....enjoy life go ride a bike or something guys

Someone with a Vote, Spoke!!
I Have Paid a Lot for Bikes That May NOT be Worthy; BUT, I Wanted It!!!!
SO, I Paid!!!!

Back