When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worksman Bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Worksman 3spd Tandem -- possible sale

Now that's Heavy Duty!

Yes, they are built like a lightweight motorcycle without the motor! I have a less than 10 year old red Worksman 3sp Tandem with rear coaster brake and front drum brake. Stops well! Sort of built like a very heavy duty Schwinn Twinn. Motorcycle rims and heavy spokes. 26"x 2.25 Blackwall tires.

Great Cruiser! Bought this to see if a buddy and his wife would like to ride it. Not quite their cup of tea. I love tandems and have about 6 TOC ones in various conditions. Stashed in my storage at present and thinking of passing it along to some Worksman fans. Nice range with the 3 spd. Tires, wheels and frame are buil well and would work great in a potholed urban setting or on a non paved park trail. Could just use as a cycle truck and put a box/carrier where the rear passnger would sit.

Very upright seating with semi hi-rise handle bars. Has a very wide range of seat heights and will fit from grade school kids on up.

email me if this interests you. They still list the new model in the Worksman catalouge along with a Trike version of this tandem.

This one is almost brand new. If you really want a solid ride for two this is it! Would consider delivering aprox. 100miles from Wash. DC.

No hurry. But thought I would put this one out there as I do not seem to use it. -- Lee -- [email protected]

I put my worksmen newsboy military base bike from the 70's/80's in the for sale section if anyone is interested.

IMG_0097.JPG
IMG_0098.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0103.JPG
IMG_0106.JPG
IMG_0108.JPG
IMG_0110.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG
Here is my early to mid 50's Worksman trike I ratted with a JC Higgins cooler and a prewar Dayton springer. Cut off the solid rubber tires, blacked out the rims and put on some cream Duro tires. Cleaned up and everything greased, it rides great due to the lower gearing.

Solid as a rock, well built, if given even a bit of maintenance will last forever, fantastic utility bike,

But...no factory tank with horn, no fender skirts or rear carrier (ugly oversize basket doesn't count), very heavy to ride long distances, ho-hum frame, no chrome, certainly not for those who have a need for speed

Like a girl friend said to me many years ago, I like you a lot, you're my best friend, we always have a lot of fun together but marriage is out of the question. ;)

Just sayin'

They have no "Deluxe" models that catches your eye and they are still easy to find.They are a good basic bike with the perfect name for what they are made for. A lot of their bikes are made for industry and have large baskets,etc.They take up too much space for not being collectable. Although they are well made bikes.

I've always wondered about their claim of "oldest bike company still in business," and that they've been around 100+ years.

Where are these 100 year old bikes? or even a headbadge? I've never seen one older than the 60's, and I'm skeptical of anyone claiming they have an older one, when the basic parts are off the shelf Wald (stems, cranks, sprockets...)

That being said, I've owned a few of their Newsboy Industrial Bikes, oldest was from the 70's, and they're indestructible, but ugly.

I have a set of their 24" clincher rims stamped "worksman japan" from the early 70's, with a bendix coaster and an atom drum.

Awesome wheels for motorized bikes, with the 11g spokes. I've ordered wheelsets from them, and got a pair of custom ordered unchromed, raw steel rims from them a while back.

The Newsboys ride surprisingly well, you don't feel the extra weight as much as you'd think.

I'm a sucker for industrial bikes. Two wheelers, though. No trikes or pizza trucks.

I've owned a few Emorys, made in florida, many of the newer diamond frame schwinn heavy-dutys, and I love the lines of the Husky, which is probably china-made, but somehow they got that one right.

Here's my custom Husky "stealth bomber," with Worksman wheels and a drum brake with custom mechanical linkage:

20160508_074151.jpg

Back