When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You know when,...

-

Pauliemon

Finally riding a big boys bike
a friend or family member says, "I've got a bike I want you to have". Usually it's some obscure bike from who knows where. I know I think, "where in the **** I'm gonna store this.". Dang if it wasn't a 24" I'd be genuinely excited.

Fortunately our (kinda short) daughter wants a bike to ride. "Hey I've got a bike for you!".

I've been storing two bikes that a good friend insisted on giving them to me since I like to mess with bikes. His and his Wife's early 70's 10 speeds that were probably from JC Pennys. They're not worth 10 bucks and I haven't come across anyone needing free parts for their restorations. lmao

I love the 24 inch bikes and at 5'9" I can ride them easily with the seat down.
Oh I like them. I was referring to value. The seat is a replacement and the fender ornament is broken. Other then those two things it's all original. A 26" bike in the same condition would be a bit more $$$$. I'm 5'11" and I just rode it around the neighborhood. It was ok but my knees kept hitting my chin (ha ha). My wife said I looked a circus bear. Guess I'm lucky, she could have said circus monkey.

Oh I like them. I was referring to value. The seat is a replacement and the fender ornament is broken. Other then those two things it's all original. A 26" bike in the same condition would be a bit more $$$$. I'm 5'11" and I just rode it around the neighborhood. It was ok but my knees kept hitting my chin (ha ha). My wife said I looked a circus bear. Guess I'm lucky, she could have said circus monkey.
Personally I would pay a premium on a 24" dressed out MW because they are much more rare and I like riding them. Look at the price difference in same condition 24 and 26 inch Phantoms.

Back