razinhellcustomz

Wore out three sets of tires already!
May 28, 2018
kiel wisconsin

Fred Green

Look Ma, No Hands!
Jan 7, 2019
Sparta, Wi
I believe most of the original paint is gone too. It is going to end up Black and cream. I have a '47' in the same predicament that is going to turn out green and white.

juanitasmith13

Oct 6, 2015
Creve Coeur, Tazewell County, IL.
Got a 1946 DX; but need to get an update photo maybe tomorrow? My daily driver! View attachment 993150
Due to rain, getting home from work late, it took a couple days to get up-date photos. BUT First: check out this 2015 thread, where I announced I had bought a DX. BEFORE Photos or as received photos are @ post 10 in the following thread: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1946-dx-unequipped-have-chain-guard.84029/

The blue and white paint is all original, cleaned once in 2015. The most important reason for saving OG paint are the decals on both fender chevrons of the 'Little Squirt' blonde-haired fellow on a 'soap-box' flanked by a bottle of Squirt soda that was almost as tall as he was. This was an advertising campaign and brand symbol introduced in 1946. In the 1950s, I was collecting as many decals as I could find; Phillips 66 were my favorite. Most neighborhood bikes had decals/stickers. The Original rims were refinished, so they would not perish. Chrome and other plating were refinished. i.e. the infamous pencil kick-stand. The original stem was broken; and a very good CABER from Monrovia, CA. found me an exact replacement. It has a period/model correct Messinger seat; restored by @rustjunkie . Correct grips were found @ a weekend show. Note Schwinn's post war use of war time hubs, hardware. @REC places this bike as an early (first 1/4) 1946 serial no.

The promised photos:
1 PK as DailyDriver.jpg

2 PK as DailyDriver.jpg

3 PK as DailyDriver.jpg

4 PK as DailyDriver.jpg

razinhellcustomz

May 28, 2018
kiel wisconsin
I have a late 40's- early 50's with an identical paint job as yours that i bought from a farm sale in Ripon Wisconsin last summer. I built it up with chrome fenders and wheels. I have never seen a peoria king head badge like yours. Very nice bike. Enjoy. Razin.

barnyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho

Oilit

Dec 30, 2015
Concord NC
So how much did this one set you back? Looks pretty solid and sweet ride. Enjoy. Razin.
I won it off Ebay, with 3 other Schwinns sold as a group. Total was $185.00, but this was the best of the bunch. The others were a 1957 Spitfire with rim brakes mounted on the front, a 1972 Breeze and a 1961 American women's version. The Spitfire and Breeze are in about the same shape as the DX, the American is pretty far gone. And then I had to drive to Ohio to pick them up. But I'm happy with the deal.

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona

juanitasmith13

Oct 6, 2015
Creve Coeur, Tazewell County, IL.
I picked this one up last weekend. The serial number is B34044 so that makes it 1946, I think. If I'm wrong, let me know! The seat top is so cracked I couldn't read the embossed stamp, but with a digital camera it's no problem. Technology is great, sometimes!

View attachment 995220

View attachment 995221

View attachment 995222

View attachment 995223

View attachment 995224

View attachment 995225
Really nice score with large potential! @REC has compiled data on these mid to late 1940s serial numbers.... he can help you place your find in the correct time.... Really nice badge! This bike has moved from it's origin!

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture