When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1951 Schwinn Panther

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Price
Reduced - $2500
Payment Terms
Cash, Venmo, Paypal
Zipcode
Boy, ya'll are a trip on this forum....... 😂
Apologies, I listed this for sale, but I have been super busy with a house project, selling a motorcycle, and readying our home as my wife and I are expecting our 4th child.

- NO, I am not a scammer
-YES, Bob is not a fan of my bike (could care less)
-NO, I am not a Facebook hacker

And lastly, other than the conspiracy theories and/or ridicule because the bike or person who built it is NOT to your liking - are there any buyers or offers from anyone who actually would want to buy it? LOL - that's the only reason I posted this in the 1st place 😂

That’s funny. I actually blocked a guy cause of this thread. PM, nonsense. Never blocked a soul anywhere in my life, till this. Interesting .
I'm sorry to hear that - I too was PM'd by a member here who delivered a tapestry-of-hatred for the person who restored this bike (I don't even know the guy, nor have ever met him) as well as his extensive list of things wrong with the bike. If you don't like it, no problem. Move on and enjoy life! 😀

Wow ! Everybody is out for blood.lol I think all would have went much better if seller would not have used the word "restored" Still a fine lookin bike Chrome work must have cost a ton of money.

Pardon my naivety... But I have a restored 1951 Panther (black) that I plan on selling soon. Other than the seat post clamp bolt, I don't understand all the sh*t slinging. Could somebody PLEASE fill me in?

Pardon my naivety... But I have a restored 1951 Panther (black) that I plan on selling soon. Other than the seat post clamp bolt, I don't understand all the sh*t slinging. Could somebody PLEASE fill me in?
Original price point was excessive... so people errupted a bit based on the bike and
how it represented a restored Panther....price has dropped down now to a bit more
reality based...

Hey all - I'm really floored by the response I've received on this post, and in my PM box. The bike has been restored, just not to "factory specs" as many obviously on this site/forum expect when that word is used. I've been among muscle car enthusiast's all my life, and restored means restored, and from conversation and observation of a car - a determination can be made to what degree (Resto-mod, driver, factory specs, etc). Logic would tell me that a bicycle would be no different, but I have certainly learned otherwise in this crowd since listing this bike.

I've owned and sold many cars in my time, and I've NEVER encountered as many perfectionist nit-picking nutjobs as I have once I posted this bike for sale. My sincere apologies to all the 45 year "bicycle veterans" that I've offended by having the audacity of posting this bike for sale.

And as I do not care if I EVER use this site again - here are some responses from Bobcycles that I was unlucky enough to receive simply by offering my bike for sale - showing the absolute foolishness of some folks on this site in regards to their unprofessionalism and need to push their opinion down the throats of those unlucky enough to be on the receiving end of their sights. Enjoy!

April 27th - from Bobcycles:

"Evan was the worst... huge ego with horrible clear coated hack job restorations..I mean
please...look at the pinstriping on the chainguard. Comical
If I was offering your bike, I would describe it for what it is... a poor effort
or the work of Tweaker alkie Evan Hackcher
I've sold my share of Miss the Mark restorations...but would never
dream of extolling the glory of failed or marginal attempts and then pricing them at twice the market.
It's a free world ... but not a good route in this hobby where there is an awareness of market.
Price is also about double of a good quality accurate resto.
The crappy repop seat is killing it, Rocket Ray should have the chrome perimeter
accent on the lid.
Also not a good idea to exagerate when it comes to the EZ speed (common Minn, Dakotas)
regional badge... need one? 20 bux you pay postage. Rare?
I DO wish the market was there however, as these bikes are grossly undervalued.

Good luck with the sale and I'm merely sharing 45 years of doing this
balloon hobby stuff with you and if anything an education hopefully but naturally
you'll jump all over me"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back