When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1953 Ladies Trojan Super Refresh

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Looks killer !!!! Personally , (and I'm only a noob) , wheel and hub rebuilding are super fun and satisfying for me ! If the rims are solid and round, maybe just get some new nips/spokes, ( Ive been going with black spokes )?

Three and a half months later...

An update! Getting close to the finish line. Everything is coming together nicely. I borrowed a couple bits and bobs from my '54 Pleasure Liner. I'm leaving the seat, tank, and headlight alone for now. Those will be smaller winter projects of their own.

I hit a roadblock with the wheels though. The chrome is gone. Just a dull grey is all that's left, and there's not much of that. The spokes are rusted and won't adjust. They're loose and bent and the front wheel has a pretty hard wobble. Not sure if I want to pursue a new wheel set or truly restore the set I have. I'd prefer to match the patina of the bike.

Any eastern OH / western PA folks have a decent early 50s CWC skiptooth wheel set? (Pic at the end of the post)

Thanks to @tacochris for the tire mock-up idea. Really helps you visualize the end product without the wheels.

Hoping to have this wrapped up soon so I can start on the Phantom. 👍

View attachment 1435392

View attachment 1435393

Please ignore the finger... 🙄

View attachment 1435395

View attachment 1435394

Here's the wheel profile.

View attachment 1435406

E=-)
Hey thats pretty cool you used that idea!
Im really huge on visuals and things working with the look of the bike that in the instance of my 45, its my first black tire bike and I needed to make certain it worked!
So many times a tire sounds awesome in my head and just looks awful on the bike so this method helps alot.

Back