When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Skipper Refurbish

-
As long you know what you have, a 1961 Skipper 24" and which parts, the nice folks at Memory Lanes will know exactly what you need. It never hurts to have the hole measurement to double check the new badge.
You are doing great!

Got some anti rust primer tonight after sanding the bike to bare metal. Had a chance to put the first coat on, I also have the base red layer on it right now, I will ha e pics with the red paint on it tomorrow. Don't mind the girls bikes in the background, we are working in that. Taped up the chrome prices and kickstand. I'm getting exited. Thanks
IMG_0433.JPG
IMG_0434.JPG

Reactions: REC
Holy cow.. it's been real long.. I've been so busy the last weeks of school. I'm sorry guys... I am happy to announce the REC Schwinn Skipper is almost done! I wanted to mix old with new. The little kinks and the rustic seat make me so happy. And my little custom work with the chainguard.. keep in mind we are 16 and 13 year old KIDS.. we are no expert restorers.. enjoy!

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0735.JPG

Back