When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4th of July parade pics from Huntington Beach are posted

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
Of course you'd have to realize that you're in the company of people that take vintage bikes pretty seriously, and opinions about stuff like that flows like wine. Ruthless.

Interesting thing about those bars is if I were to cut just 4 inches off of each end they would be the exact dimensions of the old Torrington bars. but I can't bring myself to cut them down. They were a limited production run that were done for Gary Hosington back when he still owned Team Bike shop in HB. Gary has since taken a job with Phat cycles. The factory that produced them for Gary made them wild ass long (unknown to Gary until he got them.) but I like them. but if I lower them uncut I can't steer the bike so for now they stay as is.;)

Parade pics coming up!:D

Last edited:
Hey think of it this way, we only rib those that deserve it...and WE ALL DESERVE IT...

Attachments

• WiseCrackjpg SM.jpg
    WiseCrackjpg SM.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 101
Here are some parade pics enjoy!

DSC01260-1.jpg

DSC01261-1.jpg

DSC01262-1.jpg

DSC01264-1.jpg

More to come.

Yes, you certainly should take some better photos... and then you should post them here.

I will take those pic as soon as I can and I''ll just start a new thread for those that way I'll be able to give more background on it and I won't be "hijacking" this thread.

I think we should do this again. Main St. is all different.
Great pics Dave! Thanks for leaving them in the link to view almost 7 years later.....

if I'm not mistaken there are legitimate reasons we don't do the Huntington parades any more.

I was under the impression that it was a trial run and normally they do not accept bike groups. While the start was fun, once we turned into main the fun drained from the group. There are so many people that it quickly turns into a bike walk...easily my least favorite parade to date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntington Beach in 2008 needed A LOT of convincing to get into their parade - it was a long day - they didn't do bicycles for years because people would try to hop into the parade which caused many problem - CYCLONE COASTER even had to enforce people along the parade route from doing just that -

The year we did it it was FREE for us to be in it ---- the following year they wanted to charge $400.00 - so we declined - now it's even more -

CYCLONE COASTER
has been doing the City of Lake Forest 4th of July parade since 2009 & has had a great time every year where the organizers & the parade crowd welcome us in their well organized home town parade year after year -

CYCLONE COASTER will be in the city of Lake Forest 4th of July parade starting 10am on SATURDAY July 4th 2015 ... I will post ALL the information on www.cyclonecoaster.com as it approaches closer to the actual 4th of July parade - YOU MUST RIDE A VINTAGE BICYCLE & WEAR A CYCLONE COASTER SHIRT to be in this parade - where all are welcome to participate with CYCLONE COASTER @ this FREE EVENT ... We usually ride somewhere AFTER we have lunch down the street @ Fuddruckers for those wanting to ride.... Ride Vintage - Frank

Back