When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A year without Paul Genaro

-
Loved paul when I was picking the east coast I would stay on his couch. We would travel together and day dream about past finds and new ones. I met him in Ohio at an antique motorcycle meet. He was with his pup and in his little car. We became close and I always checked on him over the years. I remember turning him onto a Model A pile with some other early car parts and he lived on that for along time. We would see each other at Hershey and grab a quick conversation. He was legend then and always will be. I was glad to see this post I miss him as well.

Paul lived in the OC back when we all had the swap meet scene/ pedal pusher/ doc gibsons/ old town Huntington Beach swap meets etc- and was kinda ornery-!- U had to get to know him- turned out he was a big guy with a big heart - on the East coast he seemed more in his element and super knowledgeable as we all knew - and multi faceted with the early stuff way before the curve- Ultimately I’d say he was the best type of human- the real kind !- missing him too- Walt

I do remember a cantankerous OLD MAN at Ann Arbor or Memory Lane that i bought a Junker to ride around on and was looking for a tire and he had a POS balloon tire . I looked at the tire and he says to me" Ya want that tire kid"? I said" How much"? He says" 10 bucks". I said "Kid what? 5 bucks.. NOPE! 10 bucks.. I walk away and he say's, "JUST take it"... Then he says Ya need a tube for that"? Nope, I'm good... Never caught his name, but i do remember a clapped out Nissan, so it was him... Rest in peace Paul...

FB_IMG_1619036803641.jpg

Paul lived in the OC back when we all had the swap meet scene/ pedal pusher/ doc gibsons/ old town Huntington Beach swap meets etc- and was kinda ornery-!- U had to get to know him- turned out he was a big guy with a big heart - on the East coast he seemed more in his element and super knowledgeable as we all knew - and multi faceted with the early stuff way before the curve- Ultimately I’d say he was the best type of human- the real kind !- missing him too- Walt
OC swap meet/Bicycle Pedal'r, Bike Wizzard, Sea Schwinn, recycled cycle...
cruising the strand in a one speed balloon tired beast!!! Good ole days! ♥️

Back