When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All about the Whizzer h motor! Please post all info!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ok here are some of my dimensions for the intake manifold. Intake port on manifold is .76" without the restrictor bushing. Restrictor bushing dimensions are .755" od by .575" i.d. by 1.7" long. The mounting flange is 1.325" long by 1.25" at the center of the intake port and it tapers down to .575" at the mounting studs and the studs are .25" and the threads are 1/4 28 fine threads and the studs stick out .575" with the gasket on the mounting flange. Dimensions from outside of stud to outside of stud is 1.875" and inside to inside is 1.4" and center to center is 1.65". These numbers may vary but this is what I got on my motor. The ml5b carb dimensions are intake opening .697" and air filter/choke opening .875". Bolt holes .265" and outside bolt hole to outside bolt hole 1.89". Inside of bolt hole to inside of bolt hole 1.335". Center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole 1.6". Mounting flange 2.37" long by 1.1" wide at center of intake port and it tapers down to .575" at the mounting holes.

View attachment 1128856

View attachment 1128857

View attachment 1128858
Really appreciate the work you're putting into this thread! I just got another Whizzer and was myself very surprised to see that restrictor sleeve. I don't recall seeing in any of the other Whizzer engines I've had. Are you going to re-install yours? To all other Whizzer enthusiasts -- can we just eliminate the restrictor without having to make other alterations to the Tilottson ML5B?

The flow of gas through the carb needs the "restrictor". That is why it was put there, but people who did not understand its use, took them out. Joe Cargola makes an easy glide set up that makes the bike easier to build and ride.

I'm going to install it in mine but others have said that they don't have it installed and never mentioned having any problems with it running any different. If I decide to get a Chinese carb as a back up or to just play around with it to see what differences I can get out of it or just to see how it will run I'm not going to install it with the Chinese carb. I don't even have mine running yet I'm still working on it. When I get more information I will post it. I might try it with and without the restrictor when I get it running just to post the results and difference between it in or out with the ml5b carb and the Chinese carb. So others that aren't that specific on keeping it original can use the info or just want to try different things and might not want to put a lot of money into it. I'm just trying to get it running for now and not interested in it being 100 percent correct because it was missing a lot of parts and the parts are hard to find and really expensive. If anyone knows the bolt length and threads for the exhaust I would really appreciate the info because mine is missing the exhaust manifold. I thought they were 10-24 threads but I'm not positive and I was hoping someone could post the info that has the original bolts.

The bolt that holds the clutch arm to the motor is .875" overall length and .625" thread length and a washer but the washer on it doesn't allow the cover to sit flush on mine. The threads are 5/16 18. The 9 head bolts are all the same length 1.5" overall length and 1.25" from bolt head to end of threads and .875" of it is threaded. Every bolt has a .1" thick washer and the threads are 5/16 18. Head gasket is .0625" thick and the bolt holes are .325". Oil breather gasket 1.2" wide at center of bore 1.59" long and bolt holes are .2" diameter. Bore diameter .75" with a notch in it. See picture. I can't seem to find any head gaskets or anyone on here willing to point me in the right direction so I'm going to make my own. I got a 12" x 28" x .0625 sheet of fel-pro 2499 for $13.99 plus tax and I will be able to make a lot of gaskets for the exhaust and head gasket. I probably would have paid more for 1 head gasket than I did for a sheet to make a lot of gaskets. I'm going to use the cutout center of the head gasket to make the exhaust gasket and I'm probably going to have to make my own exhaust because I can't find a manifold. It's just time consuming but I can't find any. so I hope this can help someone else in my predicament.

IMG_20200130_121924027.jpg

IMG_20200130_120611030.jpg

I was taking some more dimensions. The dimensions of the long mounting bar and brackets that attaches to the motor so you can mount it to the bike. I put it in a PDF file in case someone needs to make one they can print it and cut one page at the mark and tape it together at the marks to fabricate a new one. Hope it helps someone. I know I already posted it on someone's thread about the bar but I also wanted it to be on this thread so you can just come to one place to find everything you need to find out about the Whizzer h motor and not have to search for hour. I don't know if the same bar was used for the d,e,f,j,300,700 etc. Or of it changed over time. The picture shows what is in the PDF file.

IMG_20200131_122150456.jpg

Attachments

• Whizzer H Motor Front Long Mounting Bar For Motor Printout.PDF
    347.3 KB · Views: 113
Here is a great PDF file for making your own head gasket for the h motor that I made! I didn't make an exhaust gasket printout yet because I don't have an original gasket so I'm going to have to make one by using the dimensions of the exhaust manifold. The picture shows what is in the PDF file. It's just a printout of the gasket to make your own. I'm sure it will help someone! PDF gasket2 has just the gasket blacked out and PDF gasket has all 3 of my cutouts. Gasket2 is the best one if you just need the gasket outline. The bolt holes are .325" diameter. If someone has a PDF file of the exhaust gasket that would be great to add but nobody seems to be posting here so I imagine I will have to make one. Good luck!

IMG_20200130_120611030.jpg

Attachments

• Whizzer H Motor Head Gasket2 Printout.PDF
    92.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Whizzer H Motor Head Gasket Printout.pdf
    294.2 KB · Views: 118
Here is a scan I did of the head gasket and oil breather gasket and ML5B carb kit all in 1 PDF file if you want to make your own gaskets! PDF file has the intake manifold and bowl gasket and 4 other gaskets for the carb! They are all original size so you can make your own! The black o ring is .25" od and .110" Id and is .070" thick. The small and medium orange gaskets are .032" thick and the large orange gasket is .048" thick. I'm going to use fel-pro 3046 for the bowl gasket and the intake manifold and oil breather gasket. I'm not saying that you should use the same thing I do I'm just letting people know what I'm going to do in all my posts. I hope a lot of people get use out of this info and files if it helps you please post something so I don't feel like I did all this for nothing! Thanks for checking out the thread!

IMG_20200128_142208194.jpg

IMG_20200128_142411370.jpg

Attachments

• Whizzer H Motor Head Gasket Oil Breather Gasket ML5B Carb Kit Printout.pdf
    236.1 KB · Views: 124
This isn't really info about the h motor but her are the dimensions of the clutch spring for the h motor so it relates. The overall length of the spring is 3.825" and the length of the 24 coils is 2.675 and the hooks on the end of the spring is offset. It might be the same spring for other motors as well. I just cleaned mine up a little bit not looking for perfection because I want to ride it not a show piece and I don't have the money to make it look like a show piece either. I also attached some pictures of the clutch handle before I cleaned it up just in case someone needs to see something on it. The clutch lever slot for the cable is .090" wide and the bore is .190 for the ball on the clutch cable to sit in. I just realized that you can just add a thumbnail instead of the whole picture so it won't take up as much space on the thread! My bad!View attachment 1132939

View attachment 1132940

View attachment 1132939

View attachment 1132940

IMG_20200129_141618211.jpg

IMG_20200128_144633857.jpg

IMG_20200129_150735730.jpg

IMG_20200129_150753862.jpg

Last edited:
ML series carb info it was distributed by tillotson and I don't want to copyright I'm just putting it out there. If the info isn't allowed then the moderators can remove it. I just got this info so anyone that can use it I hope it helps! 1132959

Back