When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any thoughts on this old Schwinn?

-

gben

Finally riding a big boys bike
Suspended
This is me at 5-years on my first bike in 1967. It was a hand-me-down from my grandmother. If it belonged to my mother or one of her sisters it could have been from the late 40s/early 50s. I am pretty sure it was a Schwinn, I don't know what size the tires were, the handlebars were really wide and I remember it seemed geared high or the cranks were short because it was hard to pedal. My strongest memory riding it was going down a big hill on a dirt road and hitting the brake hard and pushing myself off the back of the seat onto the rear tire so it sucked my wedding-tackle into the space between the tire and frame and left a big black mark on my butt.

First bike.jpg

first bike b.jpg

Oh man, I can only imagine what that was like. 😲
My worst incident was when I rear ended a 1965 Impala SS on my Varsity with my buddy sitting on the flipped up handle bars. He ended up on the trunk and I got the ole stem in the groin.

Back