When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome Bicycles from Cleveland Welding

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

elginkid

Finally riding a big boys bike
Does anyone have some history on the “Chrome” Roadmasters? Was it available from the start, or only beginning in 1937? How many years were they manufactured? How many are still known to exist? I stumbled on a picture of a couple here, and I’m curious to know more about them.

I order my In-N-Out burger "animal style". Meaning, just cause its not on the menu doesn't mean its not available. Besides 1937 I'm not aware of the Chrome Masters being in any catalog as an offering. But have seen full chrome roadmasters on several different model year bikes.

Chromemaster.jpg

PXL_20211123_233505501.jpg

@John has one also. His has a tank if I'm not mistaken?

I have a 1937 girls as well like yours Chad. The two tubes coming out of the BB separated from the BB so It's been sitting since the day I bought it. That was about 12 or more years ago until I figure out a repair without damaging too much chrome.

I have a 1937 girls as well like yours Chad. The two tubes coming out of the BB separated from the BB so It's been sitting since the day I bought it. That was about 12 or more years ago until I figure out a repair without damaging too much chrome.
Wonder what kind of stress the panel glues/bonders they use in body shops can handle or possibly some other industrial adhesive?

Wonder what kind of stress the panel glues/bonders they use in body shops can handle or possibly some other industrial adhesive?

I work for a Custom and Hot Rod shop. That stuff holds pretty well but.... for a rider.... I wouldn't want my girlfriend or anyone else's kissing asphalt. I'll probably just tig weld it and polish the welds back. Keep it small. Just no time. Always busy. Not a priority.

I bought a girls frame a couple years back and the chain stays separated from the BB as well...

Back