When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cycle Truck Badge

-

vincev

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Did prewar Cycle Trucks ever come with Excelsior head badge. ? This was on the bike I have had for years and it looks like it has been on there for a long time.....Hate to remove it if it may have come with that head

Schwinn cycle truck 1940 (2).jpg
badge.....

SCHWINN CYCLE TRUCK 1940.JPG

What do the screw slots look like? Are they boogered up or do they look like a screwdriver has never touched them? That would be the first thing I would look at. As in your pictures, nobody ever faces a camera at the head of a cycle truck. So if anyone says that badge never came on a CT, just tell them to prove it. 😂
Over the years many of the models had specific model head badges like the Tandem (Town & Country), Continental, Superior etc. It would be rare to see a different badge on those IMO.

What do the screw slots look like? Are they boogered up or do they look like a screwdriver has never touched them? That would be the first thing I would look at. As in your pictures, nobody ever faces a camera at the head of a cycle truck. So if anyone says that badge never came on a CT, just tell them to prove it. 😂
Over the years many of the models had specific model head badges like the Tandem (Town & Country), Continental, Superior etc. It would be rare to see a different badge on those IMO.
I had a picture of the badge but could not find it.lol will have to try to get to the back to get a picture. Screws look maybe too clean and the badge looks like it was put on a long time ago. the patina fits right in.

1707747892036.jpeg

Last edited:
Back