When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOLLIS...Updated Photos, Getting Ready To Sell

-
Vintage lugged steel Looks lost and in need, could find a welcoming St.Anthony's home at my address. ;)

-----

the Saint Anthony in message refers to the one located in TX

-----

I have a Follis, a low end frame - likely 072; would love to see a ride review from the new owner. For the purpose of determining if Follis should be at the top of the 'French Desires list'.

As a general question = not being randonneur, tourer, or cyclo-touriste, what vintage French frames are high on the sporty/racy side. (not a fan of vintage Al, esp lugged bonded frames, or vintage Al forks). What rivals a lugged steel Look?
Good morning,

I’m the new owner of the Follis, it is still as received and not rideable yet. I had a couple of large projects that have occupied my spare time.

However; I did own a Follis 572 a couple years back and it was a great riding machine.
-Tad
C11FE1B0-0191-4664-BA5E-369E2EC54027.jpeg

1BADF495-664B-40D0-9226-B257A4DF5F1D.jpeg

Last edited:
Such a nice bike. I noticed in the typed rundown pic that it sports Campy NR stuff but then noticed it has Campy Vicenza shifters. I wonder if someone changed those out. Vicenza stuff is usually found on lower end wanna-be bikes. I've seen those shifters on many 10 speed revolution bikes from the early 70's. I've had a few of those...
Of course I dont know the ins-and outs of Campagnolo, it just occurred to me since Ive owned those before.
I just dug out and sold a set of Vicenza shifters and the front derailleur on Ebay not long ago. They came off an early 70's Department store, import Chiorda.

I'm not a Campa expert either, but Vicenza marking on shifter represents the company's home city/region. Below your pic is one from Velobase.com showing a model Valentino from '60s&'70s.

shifters.jpeg

shifters2.jpeg

I'm not a Campa expert either, but Vicenza marking on shifter represents the company's home city/region. Below your pic is one from Velobase.com showing a model Valentino from '60s&'70s.

View attachment 1387401

View attachment 1387404
Aaah I see. That bottom pic setup has a fine tune and lock wheel. Probably a common shifter lever for a couple different levels of mechanisms. The set I had, and later sold was pretty much the same as on the OP/OP's bike with the thumb loop adjuster with no lock. It also hits me with these pics in my face at 5x normal size :) that the shifters read "Patent." I know my last pair did also, just like these. I thought that was what "Brev." was, or maybe trademark. Anyway, its in English. The differences matter for something...

It’s my daughters car. Someone lost a roof rack off their car and in the dark she hit it. The oil pan, radiator, condenser, and bumper cover was punctured. She didn’t have the means to repair the damage so I am doing a repair I would rather not do. Engine and transmission came out to replace the oil sump. It’s been a month and the job is almost done.

Back