When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fresh Find: 1980 Cook Brothers Three Bar Cruiser

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well, no dis-service to the PO's time in the Air Force, I'm sure Cheyenne is a fine town but that uggo-ass sticker does not need to be covering the beautiful headbadge decal on MY bike. So this morning, despite what my Cook Bro's advisors were telling me about fragile decals, I went downstairs armed with my wife's hairdryer, got the headtube glowing red, then carefully began picking at corners. I'm beyond stoked with the result. It's a bummer to lose that history and if the reg sticker was placed just about anywhere else I would've kept it. But it is starting to feel more like my bike now, which I love.

Some vintage Matthews BMX cruiser bars came in from California today, too. Just waiting on tires now, which appear to be several days out.

thumbnail_IMG_1970.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1972.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Definitely looks different from the usual Tange crown races. I would measure the ID with a vernier and compare to the fork. You may be able to substitute yours with a race from a Tange Mx-2 set. My best guess you would need a race with a 26.4 ID like the Mx-2.

Back