When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman LaFrance Camelback? Roadster?

-

Bri-In-RI

Wore out three sets of tires already!
1934 Huffman LaFrance Camelback

Picked up this rust bucket today in a lot of bikes and would greatly appreciate any info that can be provided. I did a Google image search as well as a quick search on this forum but have not come up with anything else exactly like it. Im thinking the rack looks Harris/Snyder? Thanks in advance for the help and info.

DSCF3035_zps7ac29e48-1.jpg

DSCF3034_zps5172f33e-1.jpg

DSCF3033_zps29d9b6f7-1.jpg

DSCF3032_zpsc7533f69-1.jpg

DSCF3031_zpsce750019-1.jpg

DSCF3030_zps89274651-1.jpg

Last edited:
very cool!
it's a 34. lots of wrong parts and lots of rust, but a cool project.
you won't find too much info. 1934 was Huffman's first year and they didn't make many.

very cool!
it's a 34. lots of wrong parts and lots of rust, but a cool project.
you won't find too much info. 1934 was Huffman's first year and they didn't make many.

Thanks for the info Scott as I was striking out finding any on my own. Still have not seen a picture or catalog image of another one for reference. I originally had bought this bike to scavenge the accessories off of it and scatter the remaining parts into the wind but now I think Id rather give it a light cleaning just to asses condition and pass it on to a new home.

So does anyone have a pic of what this model looked like new? V/r Shawn

I tried to get my hands on this bicycle but you beat me to it. After she told me what model it was I tried to do a little research on it, but all I could find were slightly later Huffmans with tanks and a heavy art deco design. Nothing that resembled this one. It still has a good set of lines, though.

I tried to get my hands on this bicycle but you beat me to it. After she told me what model it was I tried to do a little research on it, but all I could find were slightly later Huffmans with tanks and a heavy art deco design. Nothing that resembled this one. It still has a good set of lines, though.

Susan was a very nice lady as was here mother. The Westfield was the mothers, the Huffman the fathers and the childs bike was Susans. I went there with the intention to part these bikes out but after meeting them I can not and will not. The mom asked if I ever get her bike up and running to please send her a pic which I promised to do. I fully intend to keep that promise and hope that however ends up with the Huffman does the same.

I'd give that Huffman a proper resto! Chrome and paint might be more than the bike is worth to most but for someone with a soft spot for Huffmans a first year bike would be nice. V/r Shawn

Back