When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a schwinn aerocycle registry

-

Handle Bar Hoarder

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
How many original complete schwinn aerocycle are out there in the hobby that we know about.... post theme up hear let,s see how many we can find out there
61002074_1_x.jpg

In about 1980 there were maybe 6 or 7 Aerocycles known in the hobby. This was one of the most expensive bikes at that time. By 2000 I think there were a known 55 Aerocycles! Again the near prohibitive cost has flushed them out of the woodwork. Still one of the most sought after bikes! The rounded bulbous shape of the tank was a new sensation over the boxed tool box tanks that preceded the Aeorocycle. Seems that every Aerocycle has a great story to tell-a registry of how found and movement(they seem to change hands often) since found would be cool! Below is a picture
images1UMUIO46.jpg

(copy-right=Dean Butterfield) of three Aerocycles that got together for a photo shoot at one of the bike meets in so.California in the early 1980's. This photoshoot was a big deal as I recall and well planned/much anticipated by the bike collectors. These bikes were owned at the time by Steve Castelli-Dean Butterfield-Kenny Blackburn

Last edited:
In about 1980 there were maybe 6 or 7 Aerocycles known in the hobby. This was one of the most expensive bikes at that time. By 2000 I think there were a known 55 Aerocycles! Again the near prohibitive cost has flushed them out of the woodwork. Still one of the most sought after bikes! The rounded bulbous shape of the tank was a new sensation over the boxed tool box tanks that preceded the Aeorocycle. Seems that every Aerocycle has a great story to tell-a registry of how found and movement(they seem to change hands often) since found would be cool! Below is a picture View attachment 1065724

(copy-right=Dean Butterfield) of three Aerocycles that got together for a photo shoot at one of the bike meets in so.California in the early 1980's. This photoshoot was a big deal as I recall and well planned/much anticipated by the bike collectors. These bikes were owned at the time by Steve Castelli-Dean Butterfield-Kenny Blackburn

0B4F7BD7-C040-4CA9-ADD8-7AECA692964B.jpeg

I’ve got one of the original prints from that photo session. Sadly this will probably be the closest to owning one I’ll ever get.

Kennys was the nicest original known of that 3.... ended up with a collector in the Northwest ...
I found a top $ buyer for that one for the Northwest collector and the bike now resides in Minnesota
or Iowa... Sold for quite a bit 10 years ago, but probably a bargain deal by todays standards....

One year at Memory Lane / Ann Arbor - 4 different Aerocycles showed up. All of them were new finds. One sold for $500. It was in house paint, but it was all there. The others were in original paint, and a lot more $$$$.

I also know for one CABE member buying one with a tank for $20.00 Yes you read that right, only $20.00 Out of a bike shop. Also a very long time ago.

Back