When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a schwinn aerocycle registry

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Aerocycle in the wild -
Looking close at a photo I purchased I spotted an Aerocycle in the wild, thought the group would appreciate it

Aerocycle Snap shot.jpg

I heard story of a loose tank that popped up recently.
Unfortunately the guy that found it, was a bit of a scoundrel.
The tank was real, but the guys marketing tactics left a lot to be desired.
In the end, it got disseminated to the right people, and I would imagine, it will end up on one of those tankless frames that have been seen lately.

Last edited:
In about 1980 there were maybe 6 or 7 Aerocycles known in the hobby. This was one of the most expensive bikes at that time. By 2000 I think there were a known 55 Aerocycles! Again the near prohibitive cost has flushed them out of the woodwork. Still one of the most sought after bikes! The rounded bulbous shape of the tank was a new sensation over the boxed tool box tanks that preceded the Aeorocycle. Seems that every Aerocycle has a great story to tell-a registry of how found and movement(they seem to change hands often) since found would be cool! Below is a picture View attachment 1065724

(copy-right=Dean Butterfield) of three Aerocycles that got together for a photo shoot at one of the bike meets in so.California in the early 1980's. This photoshoot was a big deal as I recall and well planned/much anticipated by the bike collectors. These bikes were owned at the time by Steve Castelli-Dean Butterfield-Kenny Blackburn
Remember that photo well it was epic. The way it traveled Thru the hobby was quick. No internet just people sharing it with people. Wasn’t there a poster of it for sale back then?

Back