When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

keeping the peace with a spouse/g/f/partner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Guess I'm the big loser of the bunch. My first one left me for another man. The second one wanted to remodel the house before she retired and I told her she had to wait for another two years until I finish with my $850 a month car payments. She didn't want to wait for two more years so she moved out. All said and done, they both told me later they made a mistake. Guess the grass wasn't any greener on the other side of the fence, and I'm still doing what I want when I want. :p

you guys are killing me.

For years, Karen would ask me why anyone would need more than one bike.

A couple of years ago, we were at the swap in Grand Prairie and she spotted a 48 Roadmaster Deluxe she liked, and she had 2 bikes.

Last year, I bought her a 1953 Monark Sunliner, which she loves. A few months later, I bought a brand new Huffy Regatta, for almost free, I was going to harvest the 3 speed nexus, anyway, I showed her the bike when I got home and, she then had 4 bikes.

Last month we did the 600 mile round trip to get her 1941 Elgin Deluxe Sport.

The only problem I have so far, is that most of her bikes are more minty than mine. The Elgin and the Sunliner look like new.

Oh well, first world problems.View attachment 989796

View attachment 989797
I think she's hooked now. Wouldn't probably happen if you were an amateur radio operator. Unless she really digs Yagis and contesting.

Mine is a keeper also. I will contribute to this thread more later in the day. I will say, getting your partner to ride with you is a BIG part of not hearing much complaining. If it is a “me only” thing, it’s a different perspective for her.

Nice bikes...very nice collection. Being an antiques dealer I’m always buying stuff. I keep too much lol...I Don’t really need anything..I’ve had just about everything ..my wife wants me to work on my project car and buying bikes is second unless it’s something that calls my name ...lol...or till I get it done. No more projects... I have to finish what I started before I can do something new.. that’s the agreement ... she gets what ever she wants..
image.jpg
E9504E94-F8D1-468E-94F3-B68433C9A961.jpeg

AEF70E5D-7812-4F19-94E2-A0EBCA3E1D6D.jpeg

you guys are killing me.

For years, Karen would ask me why anyone would need more than one bike.

A couple of years ago, we were at the swap in Grand Prairie and she spotted a 48 Roadmaster Deluxe she liked, and she had 2 bikes.

Last year, I bought her a 1953 Monark Sunliner, which she loves. A few months later, I bought a brand new Huffy Regatta, for almost free, I was going to harvest the 3 speed nexus, anyway, I showed her the bike when I got home and, she then had 4 bikes.

Last month we did the 600 mile round trip to get her 1941 Elgin Deluxe Sport.

The only problem I have so far, is that most of her bikes are more minty than mine. The Elgin and the Sunliner look like new.

Oh well, first world problems.View attachment 989796

View attachment 989797
NICE BIKES!!! Great story!!

Nice bikes...very nice collection. Being an antiques dealer I’m always buying stuff. I keep too much lol...I Don’t really need anything..I’ve had just about everything ..my wife wants me to work on my project car and buying bikes is second unless it’s something that calls my name ...lol...or till I get it done. No more projects... I have to finish what I started before I can do something new.. that’s the agreement ... she gets what ever she wants..View attachment 989902View attachment 989906
View attachment 989907
Hey Mark, Cool cars and what a great collection. We have lots in common ( the toys and cars as well), but I think we already knew that. Thanks for sharing pics. Bob

Well, I have more bikes than my husband of going on 39 years. We've also owned a lot of cool old cars over the years. I also have a good sized guitar collection because I've been playing for over 48 years. We love working on our bikes together, as a team. What skills we both have compliment one another and helps us each to bring those good skills into the hobby. Some of you guys that pay attention here, or are facebook friends with me, have seen what I am good at doing. When I am in the garage working on these bikes, I feel my dad's presence with me, and the smile on his face. I used to help him work on bikes that he sold when I was in high school through to about a year after I came home from the Marine Corps. It makes me feel good to work on them with my hubby. My hubby puts up with my collecting, and vice versa. We are a team.

Deb

Back