When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for your opinion on this 37? Double bar

-

Porkchop & Applesauce

I live for the CABE
Good afternoon Caber’s!
I recently picked up this double bar. I believe (correct me if I’m wrong) it’s a 1937 DP Harris/ synder and has a Princeton head badge. Looking for your opinion on what direction to go with this one. My hang up is that I do like it as found however I also love the fat fenders,tanks,springer front ends! It rides terrible as it is so it’s going to need a full tear down and clean up. The frame looks to have an old repair and has been painted blue over burgundy. There’s the oldest johns bike store decal I’ve seen so far and don’t want to loose that but definitely prefer the color it was over the color it is. Any idea of the age on these tires? Before I tear it down I was hoping to get some input from you all. If anyone has one of this style double bar some photos of yours would be awesome! Thank you for your input!

760414FE-A6D1-45B2-9FFE-58B6F9667443.jpeg

14E18F33-1EFD-48B7-B9F9-869418FDF6E2.jpeg

A47F3A9A-B871-40FA-AB47-79FDF5362D31.jpeg

84D1BC64-CD4A-4CC4-A44D-C34510C05A66.jpeg

3B808418-DCD3-44BF-82F6-B5BBD2ACCB45.jpeg

F5FE10BD-4FAB-447A-80D0-9782BE3F265F.jpeg

Snyder Motobike "fastback", 1937 sounds right.
Great looking, but small-frame bikes.
It'll likely ride terrible no matter what you do, unless you jack the seat way up then it'll look terrible.

Snyder Motobike "fastback", 1937 sounds right.
Great looking, but small-frame bikes.
It'll likely ride terrible no matter what you do, unless you jack the seat way up then it'll look terrible.

Thank you for the link and rapid response! Appreciate it!
Interesting John’s bike shop decal.
They were a local, Pasadena, California shop.
That’s the oldest bike I’ve seen with one of their point of purchase decals.
Way Cool!
Ya see my straggle! Lmao

Here's mine. I agree, might not be correct fork. Maybe just put some fat tires on it?

37 Snydser built.jpg

Here's mine. I agree, might not be correct fork. Maybe just put some fat tires on it?

View attachment 1768524

The headtubes on these look almost vertical. Even a Paramount Racer has more angle than that.

Back