New clothes, what girl doesn't need them.

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Pauliemon

Finally riding a big boys bike
Dec 22, 2009
Sacramento, California
20190122_152114.jpg

Some of you remember this bike? 1948 Monark Sex Change. I was so disappointed when I got second place at the 2019 Sacramento Autorama. Actually I was pissed! I've calmed down now and realize some parts of the bike are unfinished. They're small things but enough to sway a judge.

So time for some changes. I've sent out several parts to be chromed or rechromed. Also new paint is on the menu.

Here's the start.
20200311_155132.jpg

20200317_150227.jpg

Pauliemon

Dec 22, 2009
Sacramento, California
You are jumping into the deep end with those rims. Great! Go for it!
I'm going for that lowrider/custom look. Since there's no roof for a lace paint job,... But I get your meaning. You just see the good part. Besides learning to do lace on rims, I'm learning to repair lace on rims without repainting the entire rim.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Pauliemon

Dec 22, 2009
Sacramento, California
Nice More than slight. The LaSalle grill works!
I believe he sectioned two different front fenders also. It was a rusted body and frame when he bought it. When he first got it we would to put lawn chairs in it. We'd sit in it and have a beer and talk about the changes he was going to make. He didn't know how to weld. One day I went over to his place. I noticed perfect welds on the body. I asked who did the welds. He said, "I did". He taught himself how to weld. The guy is truly talented. He did all the fab work on this bike. Always handy to have a ace body and fender man available.

Pauliemon

Dec 22, 2009
Sacramento, California
Well this situation sucks. Everyone's shop is closed out here on the left coast. This is gonna slow things down a bit. The show I'm hoping to get the bike in might be canceled. Geez they have canceled supercross. They're talking about canceling outdoor motocross, nooooooo! All the spring classics (Paris Roubaix, Flèche Wallonne, etc.) in Europe. I'm not into ball sports but I feel sorry for you guys too! Luckily we can still ride! It kinda hits home when I realize I'm the "elderly" they're talking about being at risk. I hope you all are staying safe.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!