When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK, who collects early racing bikes?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks for starting this thread, Brian!
It's fun to see all of these interesting, early racing bikes being put on here. What a variety.
It also seems that those small town dumps are being put to the wayside these past years in favor of those landfills that nobody can dig through. As a boy, I dug through our city dump for years bringing home all sorts of "treasures" including old lightweight bicycles believe it or not!
One day I decided to give the whole pile away to a friend, just to help clear my parents basement.....:(

Here's one of my favorite early racers, I've had it for quite a few years. A guy came up to one of the barn sales I was having at that time and it was in the back of his pick-up truck. I made him "an offer he couldn't refuse" and it was mine! :)
A dark green 1890's with an "Eagle & flag" decal on the headtube. It also says "Epluribus Unum". MAKER????
Both the chainring (10-1/2 inches diameter) and direct drive rear cog are quite large compared to most from that era.
This bicycle also sports "30 inch" wood rims instead of the usual 28 inch that gives the bike an interesting appearance.
The bars are marked "Schinneer, pat., Nov. 9, '97"

...I'm in LOVE........

Back