When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK, who collects early racing bikes?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
For your Hudson bike to be considered a cousin to the Merkel, it would had to been built after 1912. Miami didn't acquire the Merkel Co. until late 1911 (bicycle production in 1912).
Hey thanks for the education year? Btw what took you so long I was waiting for your critique

Last edited:
This is what the badge says. Hudson manufacturing company Hudson michigan. Doesn't say bean chamberlain on it. Interesting.....

Oh my, that badge tells the story...it predates the Miami acquisition by 9 years! I'm sorry to say, your bike has no relationship to the Miami Cycle Co.! In 1904, D&J sold their company to Hudson Mfg Co.

ScreenShot20131213at124024PMpng-1.jpg

Oh my, that badge tells the story...it predates the Miami acquisition by 9 years! I'm sorry to say, your bike has no relationship to the Miami Cycle Co.! In 1904, D&J sold their company to Hudson Mfg Co.

ScreenShot20131213at124024PMpng-1.jpg

I don't give a fudge

Last edited:
Sweet ...so it pre 1904. I was right 1898 is not out of the question.

Unless your cranks say Hudson Mfg. In that case your bike would date between 1904-09. I've seen patent dates on D&J hangers of 1898 but they are stamped Hudson Mfg. These are post 1904. The early ones say Park City Mfg.

i dont care what year it is, i love that bike..... when if you get tired of it let me know

Back