Paint remover and chrome

• Please be aware: We have had several reports of members receiving private messages from newly registered members claiming that their friend has the part or bike they are looking for, and that they should email this person directly. This is a scam! If it looks even slightly suspicious, PLEASE REPORT this to us immediately so that we can investigate and if necessary, ban the member to prevent them from targeting other members. Thank you, CABE staff
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Pedals Past

I live for the CABE
Nov 5, 2017
Napa, CA, United States
Anyone have any experience removing paint from chrome i have a set of triple step chrome rims that are og maroon paint w/white striping and a ND front brake the paint is about 70% there on one and 90% on another but dont match bike and the lit i believe says chrome that I dont want to loose any suggestions?

1motime

I live for the CABE
Aug 7, 2019
So Cal
Paint stripper will remove the paint from the chrome. Just apply and let it bubble. Wipe the paint off with a rag and acetone. Nothing rough or abrasive.
Hopefully nobody sanded the plating for adhesion. If it looks OK than just polish!

Reactions: catfish

Pedals Past

I live for the CABE
Nov 5, 2017
Napa, CA, United States
Tge plating is thin almost 90 plus years old i try some water base stripper like i use on my varnished boats ..... risky

srfndoc

Finally riding a big boys bike
May 7, 2020
SoCal
Citristrip (pink stuff from HD) is what I've used in the past and is pretty mild for a stripper.

Reactions: catfish

1817cent

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Oct 18, 2016
Ellensburg Washington
I have used Easyoff oven cleaner on chrome very succesfully if the paint was of the rattle can variety. Spray, let sit and then wipe off.

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
Tge plating is thin almost 90 plus years old i try some water base stripper like i use on my varnished boats ..... risky
I suppose you could always repaint them if they're to far gone after being stripped.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!
This ad goes away when you register for an account!