When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phillips

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Pedals Raleigh RR
52747180794_5bb687e7ec_k.jpg
005C49FB-F94B-439E-9226-8932D7E467B3 by seaswood, on Flickr
Stem Raleigh insignia
52747180674_991277461e_k.jpg
CA9F9A70-2516-47B3-ACB9-2AFAFE778229 by seaswood, on Flickr

I finally took this for a ride some parts were lost in shop to finish were finally found.
before winter comes & stops outside riding.

a very well made bicycle everything seemed to work together & mostly in alignment for fifty five?
years later!

-----

thank you for this update

excellent to read you now have it completed and on the road

congratulations on seeing the project through to fruition

a minor tip -

in this closeup image of one of the cycle's pedals the marking you mention is RI rather than RR; RI stands for Raleigh Industries

you may need to look at it under strong light, and perhaps with a bit of magnification for clarity...

52747180794_5bb687e7ec_k-jpg.jpg

-----

Yes that is Raleigh industries, thnx again
this Phillips appears to be a mix of Raleigh industries Sturmey Archer & other gear changers.
Is there a data base Raleigh industries or Phillips?

-----

-----

Yes that is Raleigh industries, thnx again
this Phillips appears to be a mix of Raleigh industries Sturmey Archer & other gear changers.
Is there a data base Raleigh industries or Phillips?
Phillips, Raleigh and Sturmey Archer were the same company..... Owned by Tube Industries that is. There were many parts that were stamped with each company that were the exact same part. Pedals for one.
Phillips being the main parts producer, they have also been accused of having parts made and pantagraphed for them in Germany.

Yes interesting a bike with a Phillips badge & parts with Raleigh & Sturmey archer stamp?
Appears since this bicycle is stamped Nottingham it was made by Raleigh with a Phillips badge!
thanks for the information, quite a article.

Last edited:
Yes interesting a bike with a Phillips badge & parts with Raleigh & Sturmey archer stamp?
Appears since this bicycle is stamped Nottingham it was made by Raleigh with a Phillips badge!
thanks for the information, quite an article.
I had a Triumph and still have a Royal Scot and Robin Hood that are near copies (aside from livery) of Raleigh roadster models of the same era; and many parts stamped with Raleigh logo, and of course S-A drivetrain components. I am sure it was a pretty common back then when TI was buying up smaller companies and standardizing/centralizing production. My '54 Hercules still used their own badged parts (licensed S-A copies?); but I doubt that lasted much into the 60s if even that long (I'd have to check a catalog).

Back