When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phillips

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Any one seen one of these part of the rim tape metal housing for the tube nipple.
the tubes from ? Some time ago are still workable not leaking, threaded with nut.
the air valve one had a spring & one did not assuming lost at some point?

7B7C4D05-D277-4CCC-994F-D4FC61697B7D.jpeg

Don't re-use those old cloth rimstrips. They tend to hold moisture and encourage rust on the inside of the rim. I find they are worse than the rubber ones and worse than the newer Velox tape type strips when it comes to holding moisture. Rim strips are not unduly expensive - get some new, clean strips for your wheels. You can reuse old Dunlop tubes with threaded Schrader valves if they will hold air. You can replace the Schrader valve core if you have the little tool for removing the old valve.

Reusing the metal bit with new tape.
the tubes seem in good shape, one valve came out with the spring the other spring was missing.
don’t imagine the the spring that goes with the schrader valve is available?

-----

valve cores for schrader are readily available at any bicycle or automobile parts store and cost only a few cents

or-Car-Auto-A-C-Air-Conditioning-Bike.jpg_Q90.jpg_.jpg

the metal piece shown in your rimstrip photo is there because the edges of the valve hole are where the rimstrip is thinnest and that is where rimstrip breaks occur

making the rimstrip metal in that spot stops the failures

-----

Found the other metal insert after all was together, they will come off again.

the spring under the scrader valve was missing not sure those are avail.

everything needs adjustment, all bearings were cleaned regreased.

-----

😉

thank you for this update

the paint finish certainly responded to your ministrations

for any readers who may have missed it here is an as found image

6285c10c-66b6-4c31-991d-1fe66f791902-jpeg.jpg

-----

I had been delaying finishing this which also resides with a motorcycle restoration & could not figure out why the motorbike was not coming up when I realized I needed to finish the Phillips to clear some space energy.
so I am now working to finish both.
I basically used WD-40 to clean the finish avoiding the labels best I could.
even though this bike was probably abandoned a very long time ago & was collected crushed with many other bikes it somehow survived intact with a dent in the top bar that somehow did not bend or break. Of which is a statement how strong the older frames were built.

Back