When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rollfast Bikes....

-
Ronald, was that the bike badged as a Sam-Sco? I picked up a pretty sweet Sam-Sco last night, hope I wasn't bidding against one of you guys.

..yes that is the Samsco , i was trying to restore the badge but i don't have the
patience for it :o right now, along i found this originele almost nos rollfast badge and now it is rollfast, maby one day i find me a nos samsco, but for now i like this one....and i wasn't bidding on that badge!:rolleyes:

That is a cool bike...the stainless trim really sets it off. I was interested in it but decided to let it go thinking I would have a hard time finding a tank...or info on one...curious, would it also have trim on the tank?

CL Rollfast

I drove 4 hours to St. Louis to pick up a 1941 Western Flyer and while I was there I picked up a bike for $40 off Craigs List. The guy didn't know what brand it was due to the repaint but as soon as I saw the painted head badge I figured I got a winner. Also has a Bendix kick back. Have no idea what year or model it is but I figure I still got one heck of a bargain.

37-5-09.gif

The sprocket seems weird being a half inch pitch and having the R's on it, possibly a conversion.

But I like the bike and I think it will be a great rider.

Search ebay for "Rollfast Book" and buy it. It will have all of the models in there, including the Rollfast version of your Samsco bike.
Both were Snyder built for D.P. Harris, which was the supplier for Samsco.
The tank is the long version and did have stainless strips on it with horn gills in the front. Most likely a 38/39 due to the straight down tube. The 40/41 bike had a curved down tube and the tank had no horn gills. Also, the stainless fenders were not offered on 40/41 models. Here is a pic of my 41 Samsco.
SamsCo01-1.jpg

Last edited:
Finding a tank with the horn gills is tough enough, but finding it with the chrome pieces is the real challenge!!

Back