When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn bike parts help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mrniceguy530

On Training Wheels
I’m looking for parts for this bike people tell me it’s a 1938 to 1940 Schwinn straight bar 24 inch all I have is the crank and rims I need everything else

E74FE127-6839-4427-A949-3F17A3160BD0.jpeg

That's a post war frame. 1945 to mid 50's. Start with serial number and go from there.

The guy that I bought the frame off he told me it was 24”
here's a 24" frame.

on a 26" frame the "head tube" is 5 3/8". on a 24" it is close to 4".

the best thing about Schwinn is the parts are interchangeable through the years. your bike is 50's but could use parts well past the 70's and beyond that.

Don't try to date it using that online tool where you type in your number. Go to the Schwiin forum and look in the pinned threads for Schwinn serial number reference. No need to take it anywhere, just measure the head tube as @49autocycledeluxe described. It's really hard to find a bike shop that is into older vintage stuff. They're outfitting Lance Lycra for his next assault on the Tour de France.🤣 What's the distance between the mounting holes for the chainguard?

Last edited:
It's settled, it's post war, forward facing dropouts & built in kickstand and looks 26, I don't think Schwinn made a postwar 24 in. straight bar?, just put a 26 in. rim & tire in there, wouldn't fit on a 24!

Back