When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Decal Replacement

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Did they, seriously, ya gotta wonder, did Schwinn make a top tube decal with 2 stars 3 years ahead of its time?

the catalogs do not show 2 stars for and aft on top tube decals until 1962.. Here's the first, on the American in red paint, 2 stars. And below it in 61. Most catalog photos for these years are difficult to determine, but comparing two red bikes clearly reveals 1 star up too 61 and 2 in 62.

1962 red American 2 stars:

1962americanboysjpg-1.jpg

1961 red Speedster, 1 star:

1961schwinnspeedster-2.jpg

It is a curiosity, to be sure.

Spouting off with nonsense huh. One star wonder.

Last edited:
Spouting off with nonsense huh. One star wonder.
Wait, is that your credible evidence in this topic, or just another contribution of NONSENSE?

yet once again another foolish off topic, (remember what the OP asked?) Take your Anxiety pills, your personality disorder is showing.. . [wink]

Got the BB decals and they look to be very accurate. Still prepping the paint so haven't put them on yet. I'll update when they go on

Maybe someone can help on this topic. Ive just acquired a 1959 white schwinn corvette. Is there a complete set of decals available for it? Especially for the top curved tube and forks. Thanks for indulging a newbie.

Maybe someone can help on this topic. Ive just acquired a 1959 white schwinn corvette. Is there a complete set of decals available for it? Especially for the top curved tube and forks. Thanks for indulging a newbie.
Short answer, no. Those decals are purdy rare.

I've been on the lookout for the decals for a couple decades if that gives you a clue.there's a chainguard decal available from bicyclebones,but it's not a very good match.

This decal dealer seems to have a good reputation for making both vinyl and water slide accurately. 4 pages of Schwinn's but few 50-60's older variations. . Yet, perhaps they'll make some. http://www.velocals.com/search.php?search_query=Schwinn

Can't say how well these are but, original sets of this Script logo have got to be incredibly rare.

Schwinn_1139__73705.1424881041.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
This decal dealer seems to have a good reputation for making both vinyl and water slide accurately. 4 pages of Schwinn's but few 50-60's older variations. . Yet, perhaps they'll make some. http://www.velocals.com/search.php?search_query=Schwinn

Can't say how well these are but, original sets of this Script logo have got to be incredibly rare.

Schwinn_1139__73705.1424881041.1280.1280.jpg
I bought a decal set to do my superior from velocals $70. Out of five different decals, four were wrong, WAY wrong. A mixture of way off on size, color and design.
His waterslides MUST be clear coated. His vinyls that don't need to be cleared are very thick. When you have a problem, very hard to get a hold of. No phone number listed had to google search his business to get a #. Days to return a call, phone just rings, leave a message. Speaking on the phone with him it was obvious he didn't give a sheet about any of it, they're close enough he thinks but then he'll tell you how much effort goes into making sure they are correct. Likes to say Schwinn changed decals designs all the time so even though they are way off on your bike, Schwinn used the design, your bike is the problem. Got him to remake one the right size. Absolute last resort if I need decals he sells in the future.

I bought a decal set to do my superior from velocals $70. Out of five different decals, four were wrong, WAY wrong. A mixture of way off on size, color and design.
His waterslides MUST be clear coated. His vinyls that don't need to be cleared are very thick. When you have a problem, very hard to get a hold of. No phone number listed had to google search his business to get a #. Days to return a call, phone just rings, leave a message. Speaking on the phone with him it was obvious he didn't give a sheet about any of it, they're close enough he thinks but then he'll tell you how much effort goes into making sure they are correct. Likes to say Schwinn changed decals designs all the time so even though they are way off on your bike, Schwinn used the design, your bike is the problem. Got him to remake one the right size. Absolute last resort if I need decals he sells in the future.

Interesting. As I've been considering them, for a few trek decals so after you post I took a look at 2,800 feedbacks posted at ebay. There are 4 that say decals are wrong sized, all were for different bikes too. a few others commenting on slow delivery but very few for 2,800.

Most surprising was for a Trek 930 set because, those are new enough to get right, especially from a place that specializes in road bike stickers.

As I experienced wrong sized decals for an 80's Schwinn cruiser but not from them, and was told that nobody every complained after so many years of selling them. It seems to me that very, very, VERY few people who buy stickers and decals for restorations have taken the time to be sure they place an exact match.

And e-bay, worse, even less have the guts to put negative or neutral feedback.

Also noted about Verlocals in eBay's feedback, when there's a problem good luck getting assistance too. 1 of 4 gave up, a few others took quite a while. nobody commented otherwise.

Your describing an arrogant butt head. I did ask them a question months back and it took 2 days to get an answer. Regardless, The question was about an 84 decal set and I was disappointed that they could not cite with certainty what two colors were used. Otherwise it wasn't difficult to get email .

Looks like there's room for competition to swoop down on the whole market and wipe everybody out. [grin]

Interesting. As I've been considering them, for a few trek decals so after you post I took a look at 2,800 feedbacks posted at ebay. There are 4 that say decals are wrong sized, all were for different bikes too. a few others commenting on slow delivery but very few for 2,800.

Most surprising was for a Trek 930 set because, those are new enough to get right, especially from a place that specializes in road bike stickers.

As I experienced wrong sized decals for an 80's Schwinn cruiser but not from them, and was told that nobody every complained after so many years of selling them. It seems to me that very, very, VERY few people who buy stickers and decals for restorations have taken the time to be sure they place an exact match.

And e-bay, worse, even less have the guts to put negative or neutral feedback.

Also noted about Verlocals in eBay's feedback, when there's a problem good luck getting assistance too. 1 of 4 gave up, a few others took quite a while. nobody commented otherwise.

Your describing an arrogant butt head. I did ask them a question months back and it took 2 days to get an answer. Regardless, The question was about an 84 decal set and I was disappointed that they could not cite with certainty what two colors were used. Otherwise it wasn't difficult to get email .

Looks like there's room for competition to swoop down on the whole market and wipe everybody out. [grin]
I offered to work with him to make a complete and accurate set for the Superior. He simply was uninterested. Here is the decal he did remake, this is what he first sent me. He still insists Schwinn made these big decals but would remake them the size I wanted anyway. So $70 dollars for two of these SUPERIOR"s and two down tube SCHWINN's. The rest ended up in the trash. I homemade the seat tubes and forks and Bicyclebones supplied the right quality decal, I could have used his down tubes as well.

I don't know about his other decals but I suspect a lot of guys accept them because they're better than nothing.

From what I understand the guy in Australia is open to making new decals, maybe he's better. Have his Raleigh pro decals and they look good in all ways but they are vinyl.

superior decals 001.JPG

Back