When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Meridian Tricycle Axle Conversion - Where to get 3-Tab Flange for 17mm axle without weld to axle?

-

Questor

On Training Wheels
We recently obtained a 2021 Schwinn Meridian Trike, where I want to modify the rear 17mm axle assembly to fit other 3rd-party rear 24" wheels.

It seems the original 26 inch Rims are single-wall Alloy Rims with 14G spokes that tend to bend/break easily with extended use according to other Schwinn Meridian owners.

I am trying to find a 3-tab steel flange that attaches the wheel to the 16.8mm axle with a Hex-head metal screw. Please view the enclosed attachment. I choose not to use a 3-tab flange already welded to the axle because I'm concerned the 3-tab flange cannot be adjusted for spacing if the fit is not exact or I have to modify the current axle. OEMs who use a 3-tab steel flange welded to a 16.8mm axle include Sun Bicycles and Husky Bicycles, but these companies will not sell the me the 3-tab steel flange that I need.

The only place so far, where I have found this 3-tab flange for a 16.8mm axle seems to be for True Tricycles sold by IndustrialBicycles.com. However, I would have to purchase a complete 3-tab flange with a 16.8 mm axle assembly that is more than I need.

Do you know where I should go and/or which other companies sell a 3-tab flange for a 16.8mm axle that attaches to the axle with hex-head metal screws?

Regards, Steve
Cincinnati, OH

driveaxle.jpg

Back