When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SouthEast (GA-based) Swap Meet set! MARCH 3rd *New Name*

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
PARKING MAP and WEATHER UPDATE!! >>>> (SUNNY :cool: and Mid-60's HIGH temp after an Upper 30's early morning start)--
( 0% chance of Rain !!)
If you are coming for the 1st time ....... please take a close look at this parking aerial map >>>
The 6AM early-bird Gate ($30.00) will have you approach from the Bottom-Right on this MAP
The 7AM Gate ($20.00) will have you approach from the Upper-Left on this MAP below
Please proceed to LANES 1 and 2 (note: LANE 1 borders the Grassy Area) and we will ALL be Set-Up on the Black-Top
Normally these 2 lanes (Double-Sided) accommodates about 40-50 Vendors (OVERFLOW will spill into "Lane 3")
PLEASE NOTE!! This early time of the Year for the Event means the PLUMBING at the Track has NOT been turned on yet (PORT-A-POTTYS will be here!)
There will be a FOOD & DRINK Kiosk at the FAR EAST location on the map >>>>
(on this MAP .... it would be at the BOTTOM-- not far from the EARLY-Bird 6AM entrance Gate)
See you HERE!! It's Gonna Be Great !! CCR Dave
VINTAGE MAP PARKING AERIAL.png

I've just added an "Upper Level" for Vintage Bikes traveling to Swap Meets on Old Kermit !! Got the Idea from Jethro of the Beverly Hillbillys
:21::crazy2: Gettin' Crazy excited.......hearing from a BUNCH of NEW folks heading here this Saturday! I believe we're gonna have 50+ Vendors AND Many more "Shoppers" too! Cheers! CCR Dave
VINTAGE ROOF RACK BIKES.jpg

Old Skool BMX Fans and Early Daze MTB/Klunkers Fans should be happy about this Post!!
I've been in contact over the last few days with calls or in-person conversations with a number of folks inquiring about coming to sell and/or coming to buy in these categories .......
I have CL ads in surrounding markets for this Pedal to the Metal Event. And from those ads I've been contacted by MOMBAT's Sam Archer who could possibly be bringing a truck and trailer down from Statesville, NC. The Musuem of Mountain Bikes is thinning out some excess Early MTB and other relics that don't quite fit into their Museum known as MOMBAT. I talked with the guys from Charlotte area's CYCO Inc. who specialize in Muscle Bikes and Old Skool BMX.
I met with Justin of Pork Chop BMX in Cartersville, GA today ..... and while it's doubtful they will set-up to sell .....they may make a trip to buy some Old Skool BMX goodies. The Western NC area along with Charlotte area seems to be coming on strong with the relatively easy 2 1/2 - 3hr trip to Commerce.
I've been getting a number of callers from those areas planning to be here.
My gut feeling is this Event should surpass the consistent 40+ Vintage Bike Vendors this March!
I know that TN and ALA and SC will be represented here, as well ....... I hope YOU are making plans to be here!
Plenty of Motels at exit # 149 at I-85 to stay just minutes away for the Very Early Sat morning start.
It's getting CLOSE! I feel the FUN in the air! ......... Cheers! CCR Dave ............(Picture Below taken at the March 2017 Event here)
View attachment 754219
I spoke today with Sam Archer who's family owns MOMBAT (Museum of Mountain Bike Art and Technology) and there will be 2 of them coming down to the Swap Meet from Statesville, NC !! Bringing some extra Bikes and Signs, etc. that didn't make it into the Museum!!
Great Stuff !! I'm looking forward to meeting these folks for sure! Cheers! CCR Dave

I spoke today with Sam Archer who's family owns MOMBAT (Museum of Mountain Bike Art and Technology) and there will be 2 of them coming down to the Swap Meet from Statesville, NC !! Bringing some extra Bikes and Signs, etc. that didn't make it into the Museum!!
Great Stuff !! I'm looking forward to meeting these folks for sure! Cheers! CCR Dave

Looking forward to meeting Sam. His father, the late Jeff Archer bought 3 of my bikes in 1992 for his First Flight bike shop museum in Statesville NC. Jeff was inducted into the The 2016 Mountain Bike Hall of Fame at the Marin Museum of Bicycling in Marin, CA. The voting for that year's nominee's ended 7/15/16 and Jeff was tragically killed by a drunk driver while crossing a street in Statesville just five days later. Jeff was 52.

https://mmbhof.org/jeff-archer/

WEATHER UPDATE! 0% Chance of rain ........ COOL early start at 35 Degrees ....... MID 60's HIGH .......
NOTE: Breezy winds ..... TENTS being used may need extra security from blowing around!
See you soon! Cheers! CCR Dave

Anyone passing through Canton,GA Friday or Sat am is welcome to this pair of Balloon Fenders and light for $50 SOLD
110_1104.JPG
110_1105.JPG

Last edited:
Flat Tire is here and we'll be over Friday evening.
Great!! --- Now ........ I've got to come up with another "Long-Distance Award" for @FlatTire coming down from OHIO !! Hmmmmm .......
Something that will Top that Cold BBQ-flavored Porter from last year ........ I need to do some banging-my-head on the wall to come up with something "special"
Is there anybody coming from a distance further away than OHIO ??
IF SO .....let me know ASAP! Cheers! CCR Dave

Anyone passing through Canton,GA Friday or Sat am is welcome to this pair of Balloon Fenders and light for $50View attachment 762263 View attachment 762264
HECK YEAH!! I'll go outta my way for that deal!!
Seriously Phantom ...... I will come and get them from you for sure!! BUT, is Sunday OK ??
I have a bike needing those in a MAJOR way! ( I can also PayPal you ahead of time if you'd like !! ) PM me OR reply here! Thank you! CCR Dave

Back