When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tips for Mounting Rubenas on G&J clincher rims?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

gkeep

I live for the CABE
I know many have been using the Rubena bead less tires on G&J clincher rims. Are there any tips or tricks to ease the process of getting them seated in the rim?

Thanks for any and all advice.

71434167094__8C2A24A8-E81E-4C1C-B225-A2458BDC14AD.jpeg

I have had these off and on a few times....used cheap tubes the first time and regretted it.
last time I had the tires pretty warm, and slightly inflated the tube, just enough to take shape,then go around the rim rocking the tire side to side and you will feel it "snap" into the groove. I add just a little more air and repeat.

20230228_150910.jpg

20230228_150816.jpg

20230227_203100.jpg

20230227_203022.jpg

Start with the inner tube slightly inflated, and installed in the tire.
Then, put one side on first, then work your way around snapping the other side in.
It’ll get easier as you progress.
Once you have both sides seated, rock the tire from side to side to get the bead to lock into the hooked rim.

Are these the brown color? They look more clay colored in your picture. Very nice!
They are a very light brown, mocha, taupe? I have them on the rims but not yet back on the bike. Busy week and tryingnto find some hours to do a little cleaning/lube/maintenance on the bike with the rims off.

I ordered these from Adam at Peco Bikes in Slovakia. Shipping for three sets was $55 and they arrived in one week. He was a great guy to deal with. He of course cant get any cream, just black, red and brown at this time. I notched the corner of the bead to fit around the valve stem so the beads could meet like the old catalog illustrations. When they pop into the rims they can really 'pop'.
71530876677__683F44A4-0C0C-4CDB-8334-07EB1EBB57CF.jpeg

IMG_4860.jpeg

71530879963__85281E58-3E87-4394-A15F-6283FE4D6679.jpeg

Did you have to drill the rim for the Schrader valve stem? The brown is starting to grow on me. Someone will eventually have the cream ones hopefully in my life time ride on

Yeah, as a helpful tip, for the guys using these tires, I use a paper hole punch to notch both sides of the opposite edge of the bead, where the valve stem goes.
I put that notch below the area where the PSI information is on the sidewall of the tire.

Did you have to drill the rim for the Schrader valve stem? The brown is starting to grow on me. Someone will eventually have the cream ones hopefully in my life time ride on
The valve hole was just a hair undersized for a Schrader, a few strokes with a rat tail file and then I cleaned up the edges with some emery cloth around a dowel. Glad I'm not having to deal with the presta valve adapters anymore.

Back