When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top of the Line Sears (Austrian Puch)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinny

I live for the CABE
Seen versions of these in parts and sometimes in beat up shape. There are a couple of threads asking how much they are worth, etc.
So I thought since this one is in all-around great condition, it would be good to get some pics in a thread for posterity.
This one has to be the TOTL for the Sears range. Ted Williams Put his name on all their sports equipment like he was some kind of all-round Olympic Sport God. So much so that nobody today even knows who he is or what his actual claim to fame is. (it had nothing to do with bikes).

Although all of the decals are nearly perfect, I cant pick out one that shows any special materials. Two of them on the seat tube at top cant be read.
It is what it is... and still a very cool bike by any standards.
Its for sale locally and I snagged these pics of the internet. Its tempting but.... nah.

Last edited:
-----

cycle is a private labelled Puch Bergmeister

tubing on these is unspecified

date ~1966

saddle is a replacement

stem dangerously high, should not be ridden like this

Sears item number on underside of bottom bracket will begin with a 503 prefix

steerer is the unique Puch size of 26.0mm - sometimes referred to as "Austrian size"

cyclometer looks like it may be a Sears badged MATEX of France

-----

My Dad has one of these. Maybe I should go have another look. Definitely does NOT have campy bits. Same vintage.

I enjoyed reading that. You just made me a fan of the Boise Bicycle Project. I love the way that was written - and anybody that quotes Sheldon Brown is OK by me

-----

is the bicycle discussed in the link close to your father's example?

or perhaps it is somewhat earlier if it comes from about the same time as the subject machine in this discussion thread...

-----

Back