When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2010 Schwinn Riverside 7 Speed S5368KM/KMA

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Isn't there some requirement the bike be classic or antique? Say 20 years old or more? I would think 2010 is too contemporary and better suited to a modern bike forum anyway. It seems off-topic for here.

@BillyG do you own a riverside model bike? Please post a picture and maybe make some arguments as to why these bike would ever become collectible. They are modern junk and will not stand the test of time.
Fear Not Chatbot and AI! My posts have nothing to do with that foolishness. I recently acquired my 2010 Schwinn Riverside "barn-find" in pristine condition from the original owner, only ridden three times (SNFSD09H334XX). Sorry, I'm not good at pictures. There are many pictures on the internet (msn.com/images). Careful visual comparison of the frame design matrix is near identical to first generation models: American, Sanctuary, Typhoon, Corvette, Panther, Tiger, and Jaguar, for which there is amazing passion and valuations. Only differences may exist in head tube angle, upright tube (frame sizing ie 18"), and a 1/2" X 2 1/2" cross-tube for the front mounting of the luggage rack. The only other issues could be bore and thread sizing, drop-outs, paint scheme and decals.

To put this discussion in perspective: one of the most difficult originality issues in 1962 Chevrolet Corvette restoration is the replacement of the front suspension and steering frame cross-member with one from a 1953 Chevrolet passenger automobile, with the two tapered aluminum plates which facilitate angular camber and castor, as well as mounting a steering idler bearing. But, without it--Scrap-Yard.

Considering the extreme rarity and desirability of available original models as previously mentioned, the Fuji-Ta frame may be foundation for assemblage of "cloned" examples. All other parts are "bolt-on", paint and decals. Due caution to originality, credibility and value preservation! Honesty is a virtue.

All things considered, the Dorel Pacific-Cycle era continues the Schwinn heritage. And, also the recognition of Pon Holdings (Netherlands) as to proprietary issues. I must say, I am overjoyed with my Schwinn Riverside, as is. Cheers!

I agree with SirMike1983 and Dave Stromberger about it being off-topic and doomed!

It seems strange that there have not been any more postings from BillyG or photographs added as requested by @coasterbrakejunkie1969. The chatbot-sounding language may be precise but the logic can be flawed. Like this supposed critique: "The only issue may be the aluminum rimmed wheels which appear designed with appropriate physical durability and detail." How is that an issue or problem when this sentence praises the bike and is then followed with more praise?
If these entries are not being done in service to Fuji-Ta Bicycle Co. Ltd as @Oilit suggested, then there is a possibility that the original post could be a chatbot training exercise, and it is learning from our responses to refine its abilities for unknown purposes for dubious operators. The CABE would just be a small proving ground in which this foray was a failure.
@coasterbrakejunkie1969 recommended a bit more vetting for new members. If we get more bots, that may be needed. We will know soon enough!

Good luck Moderators!
I thought exactly the same thing; how could it be an "issue" if you then heap praise on it?

Kevin

. Only differences may exist in head tube angle, upright tube (frame sizing ie 18"), and a 1/2" X 2 1/2" cross-tube for the front mounting of the luggage rack. The only other issues could be bore and thread sizing, drop-outs, paint scheme and decal
Only differences? Quite a leap there. I'm glad you are enjoying your bike, that is the main point of all this. Comparing a 2010 Schwinn badged bike to a 1968 Schwinn built bike is apples to oranges to be honest so we can get past that. I guess my point is in 50 years what will be of that bike? I know some will argue that with proper maintenance it will be just as good. I argue that the cost and availability of repairs and parts will make it unsustainable. The design of the bike may be superior in some ways but the lack of quality materials alone makes it prone to more frequent failure. By all means ride the rubber off your bike but let's keep things in perspective.

Sanctuary,
What is that?

Last edited:
got it

IMG_3424.jpg

Back