When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A job best left to the professionals?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Boris

Old fat tired rider
This has probably been discussed before. But recently, I mistakenly tried to identify the maker of a bike based on a close match and a hunch. I did state that I wasn't an expert with absolute knowledge. I was going to delete my post, but decided to leave it up for comparative purposes. Question: Do you feel that incorrect answers advance the learning process, as it no doubt will be corrected by someone with greater knowledge on the subject? Or is better to just keep you mouth shut and leave it to the "professionals"?

Last edited:
Who's professional?
@Xlobsterman @detroitbike sure, Bike Shops;
@Archie Sturmer @cds2323 @SirMike1983 @fordmike65 @rustjunkie @cyclingday @rhenning @Balloontyre @partsguy @dnc1 @SKPC @Velocipedist Co.
@hoofhearted @New Mexico Brant @oddball @markivpedalpusher @John @catfish
@Gary Mc @MrColumbia @Flat Tire @juvela @GTs58 @fat tire trader @Freqman1
Goodness Gracious God Almighty!
The CABE is filled with knowledge, from on high!
1640868560503.png

There's way too many to Tag@
thought of a dozen more; not enough time;
gotta GO!!!
1640868902738.png

@JAF/CO

Yeah, no harm in trying to help, as long as once you’re corrected with irrefutable proof, you don’t get all butt hurt and dig in your heels claiming to be insulted by the mere suggestion that you are in fact, wrong.
Recognize that you just learned something, and value the collaboration that we have here at the CABE.
It’s good to debate, that’s how we bring out the guys who are hoarding the literature.

Last edited:
1640878054626.png

alas, a person doesn't have to know their stuff to be a professional.

i've said it before and not much has changed: what i don't know could just barely be squeezed into the grand canyon.
live and learn, you don't know until you know, and once you do...you might wish that you didn't.

Back