When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auctions suck

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think the selling price was a very good deal for the buyer. Original, complete, fresh to market, deluxe loaded prewar bikes in this condition are getting very hard to find. I only see small handful pop up in a given year. If its a bike you really want sometimes you gotta spend a bit more than you wanted to, Nice score.
And it's a beautiful bike. I had the pleasure of seeing it in person yesterday. Once they clean it up, it will be spectacular.

This thread, summed up, in one 'foto...:tearsofjoy:

picture-id183256428?k=6&m=183256428&s=612x612&w=0&h=_hbtUBftKHQuTf4mH9I4l3e1y-Nn0_mVMkQB9MATdAM=.jpg

LOL, this has been a fun thread to read on a rainy day like today!
Ahhhhhh, what a good memory! Don't always assume it's a guy you are bidding against. It could *gasp* be a woman and she could be on The CABE. [emoji1787]

Here she is right after I won her and after she had been cleaned and serviced. I still have her and she will be passed down to my daughter one day. It is my favorite bike in my collection.

@OldSkipTooth thanks for resurrecting this thread.

-Theresa

bd9f6f96afab493411a2e68778230fea.jpg
888815b7ef738d5b584b0b9b89fe044a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ahhhhhh, what a good memory! Don't always assume it's a guy you are bidding against. It could *gasp* be a woman and she could be on The CABE. [emoji1787]

Here she is right after I won her and after she had been cleaned and serviced. I still have her and she will be passed down to my daughter one day. It is my favorite bike in my collection.

@OldSkipTooth thanks for resurrecting this thread.

-Theresa

View attachment 999135View attachment 999136

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I haven’t seen you guys in a long time. Good to see everything still going well!

This is why auctions suck.

View attachment 643665View attachment 643666View attachment 643667View attachment 643668

This bike was at an auction today. I thought head up thare not hearing from anyone around me that no one would know what it is or at least being able to get it cheap. Lol not at all the case. Bike started at 500 i jumped in at 750 almost sold it for 750 then 800 dollars and jumped all the eay to 1750 and i stoped bike sold to a guy for 1775 man not a good day for me. I drove a hour and 45 minutes just to look. I hope to bike at least gets a wash and good tires. Only one scratch on the front fender and looked like the auction people did it.

We had an auction where two guys not only knew what they were doing, it was over in a minute. You could smell the blaster burns on the Millennium Falcon, it was hot and heavy.

On the other hand I was at that same auction around Thanksgiving and a woman sitting next to the cashier's window actually rolled her eyes back and died in her chair. Two hours later she was revived for what was to been a short remainder of life anyhow and we finished the sales at almost 2 am.

Auctions can be very strange, and they also tend to die from 'dollar bill disease' around here. Everyone wants it for a dollar. You can't pay bills selling dollar items when you are an auctioneer.

Back