When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle shop stickers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
0I6qhds.jpg

The "House of Wheels" is now a parking lot...
9WURDUZ.jpg

On my 1964 Schwinn Typhoon -
0DlLbtA.jpg

Serving Portsmouth & Norfolk, Virginia

Anyone know about this shop? Still in business? ANY info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D

I saved this bike from a scrapyard (didn't get from this shop), but I am curious about my bike's history - including the shop it came from. At least one of their bikes is STILL on the road!

On my 1964 Schwinn Typhoon -
View attachment 777340
Serving Portsmouth & Norfolk, Virginia

Anyone know about this shop? Still in business? ANY info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D

I saved this bike from a scrapyard (didn't get from this shop), but I am curious about my bike's history - including the shop it came from. At least one of their bikes is STILL on the road!

Doing a quick search of bicycle shops in the area...Could this be CONTE & SONS? Been around since 1957
https://contebikes.com/about/about-contes-bike-shop-pg219.htm

It IS possible.

The founder did have 2 sons, was named was Charles, and it looks like a "C" above the bird's wing (maybe C. CONTE & SONS), though I'm just guessing. I'll check it. Thanks

Pretty sure it is Conte's. They were a competitor when I worked in Va. Beach in the early 1980s. Besides our shop (Freewheelin), the other big shop in the area was Colley Ave. in Norfolk and they did not have a shop in Portsmouth.

I bought a Varsity from Jakes back in the early 80's. It was near a good breakfast joint my buddies and I would regular every Sunday morning.

Back