When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hendee Mfg Co. / Indian Motocycle Co. Bicycles Information Thread

-
One minute things are looking great!

GeorgeampEdpng-1.jpg

GeorgeGeorgepng-1.jpg

HendeeampNelsonpng-1.jpg

This is what happens when you take your eye off the market trends!

HendeeampNelsonbankruptpng-1.jpg

so when............

did the indian script badge end? and the hendee badge start? the indian motocycle badge started i presume after 1923.

did the indian script badge end? and the hendee badge start? the indian motocycle badge started i presume after 1923.

Dave, My 1916 catalog has the script badge shown and my 1917 catalog has the Hendee badge with the Indian head logo.

This should help...the years correspond to corporate changing their name. Hendee started the Hendee Mfg. Co. late in 1898, tooling had to begin in 1899? He retired from the company in 1916 before leaving he stewarded the relationship with Westfield in 1915 to make the Indian (the 1916 model was the end of the cutout script) The board of directors struggled with the company and renamed the company in late Oct 1923...again retooling would have taken some time for introduction. I have no idea when the Indian badge was last used?
IndianBadges1png-1.jpg

Back