When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman serial number project

-
Update!!
here's my latest Huffman built Firestone to add to the serial project. it is a 1939 Firestone Flying Ace. serial numbered 1967FAH_2. this really is a breakthrough since this makes 5 1939 Firestone Huffmans with "FAH" after the serial number. thanks for all the support on this thread, if you have any serials to add let me know. here's the photo's
here's the ebay photo:
vbulletin

here are a few by me.
P1010686.gif

P1010688.gif

P1010690.gif

Scott

update of the chart. I added my new bike! a 1937 D-1T Superstreamliner, serial number 87979_2. if I have forgot to add your bike please remind me, also if you haven't added yours, post the serial and I'll add it.
Scott:cool:
p1010916.jpg

p1010923.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you've been added. Your bike is the earliest on the list! I would love it if you would post a photo here for reference if you can.

@ Ronald, Welcome Ronald,
remember to post some photos, I'll add your serial and name to the list!

@ red.auburn851, the serial number is on the bottom of the bottom bracket (under the crank) if you post photos I can better help identify your bike.
also, do you have an Auburn851?
vbulletin

sometimes, if it has been repainted, you have to scrape away the thick paint. don't do this if it is original paint. also there are numbers on the fork crown which may help. here is a photo of a couple setial numbers so you'll know what you're looking for.
vbulletin

Last edited by a moderator:
by the time a bike get's to be that old, it is definitely collectible. 24" bikes while they don't have a huge value are more rare than the 26" bikes. please post the serial and a photo or two especially if you have one of the bike and your Father. sounds like a great bike!

here is a photo of a head badge from a Dixie Flyer from that period. it is brass which is I believe nickel plated. where this badge has red on the inner most section of the "D" mine is blue, I have a photo of a different one that is red also so maybe they came both ways.
DSCF0262.gif

I'm going to say 1941-42, that tank came out in 1941 and was used a couple years. In 1946 or 1947 the tanks didn't have the vents at the front. I haven't seen enough evidence to say exactly what year this change happened. yours is a neat bike, the Airflyte is a desirable badge. the seat is wrong, and you'll need a rack, but everything else looks good!:)
glad you found us hope you have fun here with us.

Back