When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identify & date this bike before buying

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Superman1984

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
These are the only pics the buyer has posted. I am supposed to buy it Friday for $100 IF the buyer holds it as promised for me. So far I have what I believe are 4 pre 60's bikes that I have bought and researched on here. 1 1939 J.C Higgins, 1 1957 J.C Higgins, 1 1951 Monark Rocket, & 1 1953 CWC Woman's bike. I had some identifying clues with all of them but this 1 has No Head badge, No serial numbers given at the moment & other than a chain guard ( may or may not be original? ) I jus' know I want this bike If Nothing Falls Through

Screenshot_20191028-201735_Facebook.jpg

At a $100 I'm pretty sure there will not be anyone trying to beat you to it. I'm seeing an early to mid 50s base model Westfield that might be worth $50 on a really good day. V/r Shawn
Thanks Freqman1 / Shawn. I figured it's not anything expensive or sought after but for me it's not about the potential resale. Just an older than me bike to tinker with, repaint & to customize/ride to add to a collection of bikes. Is there anything you can tell me about how you come to identify it specifically ?

Just remember, right off you need tires, tubes - about 60-80 bucks. Then seat, headbadge and the list will grow. I think it's impossible not to have at least a couple hundred or more in a bike even if it was free. Just make sure it's something you really want and then have fun and enjoy it. Good luck.
You are absolutely Right. I know I can't afford some of those cool survivor / mint show bikes so I like these cheap / affordable but rideable pieces. If I decide to strip sand & paint or customize I am not in it for much here & there. Not to mention they're saved from scrap etc. I have learned be willing to pay for what you want. Sometimes I just dream bigger than my paychecks lol

The badge profile also looks later Westfield when they switched to the vertical holes.
Yeah from taking the info from the 1st post I have been googling & searching the 50's years and the fact that it looks like a solid red has been showing me a badge that looks something shaped like this. Now if all goes through, i get some #s to try to date it .... I'll try to evilbay some parts & debate which way the project progresses
34aa49bc293400c41884dd2a0a39322b.jpg

Back