When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's 2020, what 700c tires are y'all using?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That is awesome! Exactly the look I’m after. I have been looking at Schwalbe Marathon 700x44c.

Thanks! I was thrilled to find the wheels with wide 700c (29") rims. I despise fender gap on bicycles & want as much tire as I can fit in fenders. I love this set up! Tires are all black, have great grip just about anywhere and have a smooth ride with little resistance.

Thanks! I was thrilled to find the wheels with wide 700c (29") rims. I despise fender gap on bicycles & want as much tire as I can fit in fenders. I love this set up! Tires are all black, have great grip just about anywhere and have a smooth ride with little resistance.
I am exactly like you in that regard! I want the tires to fill up the fenders. Everything I build anymore, tires are one of my main key selections. Biggest I can get while clearing the fenders. Killer look on yours there! I’ve ordered some Velocity Blunt 35’s for mine.

my latest favorite tire is the Continental Contact Speed. Has a tread similar to an old VIM tire I saw a long time ago. 700x42 on a rim similar to the velocity Blunt (it’s an old Salsa rim). I spent an hour on the rear tire cutting off all the molding nibs and it looks a lot better. Need to find time to finish the front!

3BE48046-7F7D-428B-891C-E8C313B26D1C.jpeg

4A0BB51E-7E09-4207-AB47-5DD58361A845.jpeg

67CB2743-CEFF-47A6-8A56-875475B22691.jpeg

I am building a set of 700c wheels for my 1924 Mead Ranger tall tank. I have the original wood rim wheels, which are in nice shape for display, but I want to ride the bicycle. I just got Velocity Blunt 35 rims, which match the cross section of the original wood rims almost exactly, and I have ND Model D rear and Model WL front hubs. I plan to faux wood-grain the rims, like other CABE'ers have done.

I like the Schwalbe Little Big Ben tires, but I was curious if anyone has had any success at removing the rather large Schwalbe logos from the sidewalls (using lacquer thinner or something...)?

1658073660707.png

I have now completed the wheels with wood grained Velocity Blunt P35 rims laced to New Departure hubs, and I have these Schwalbe Little Big Ben tires in hand. I am dismayed, however, to find that the logos, shown above, are impervious to almost any solvent I have tried so far... The wheels turned out awesome, so it will be a big disappointment to have the glaringly modern tire info on the tires... Any ideas?

Back