When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROJECT QUICK CHANGE - SUBJECT: Schwinn Dixie (Custom 1950s Schwinn DX Bare Metal Bike)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Right! So frickin beautiful! It took 70+ years to get that way! Why would anyone sand that off! Did you see on the what bike did you work on today thread how I faked those springer forks? I think you’ll love that technique! Last photo is of the faked fork!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Love the back lit red in the tank idea! I would do it just like the first black and red rendering except make the fenders black! Not a big fan of the resale all red bikes either but do love the red accents on black!
Thanks! I think I made a mockup of that black fender idea in Photoshop a while back, but I'll have to check again. Yeah, red's better in smaller doses for me usually. Yeah, I might just go red on black, but we'll see!
Maybe even make the red in the tank a diamond shape as a nod to its Schwinn heritage!

View attachment 1424937
That's a good idea, but to expand on that, what about wings, like you'd see on original Schwinn tanks?
1623036271615.png
1623036300465.png
1623036326190.png

I'll have to play around with those ideas. I haven't done anything with this bike since I last posted. May was crazy busy for me, and this week's not going to be any less hectic!

Nice to see a fellow Comet owner. I've had my '65 for 13 years.

View attachment 1425103
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE! I see more '65s in magazines than I do in person! What's the story on it? That thing is cool!

I've had mine since late 2012, but I haven't fired her up since January 2019. I need to get the 260 rebuilt (bad lifter clatter and over 120,000 original miles,) and I need to upgrade to disc brakes. I also want to add a hitch so I can tow my bikes with me.

289, 4 Speed with a Hurst Comp Plus. It was originally an automatic but the guy I bought it from swapped in the stick. 15 x 4 CRAGARs with Pro-Trac 5.60s up front and Radir Cheater Slicks on original 14 x 7 Ford steel wheels out back. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

View attachment 1425636

View attachment 1425638

View attachment 1425639

View attachment 1425640
Sweeeeeet. Do you race it, or are the slicks mostly for looks? I love the paint on it, age and all. Also... is that a bass drum pedal for a gas pedal?
As for hijacking my thread with 1965 Mercury Comet awesomeness...
1623071581833.png

Back