Sunday's Show and Tell. ...10/19/14

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Mar 26, 2011
Norfolk Va / Va. Beach va.
A few more days and the World Series starts....wow, this past summer just flew by.
I for one am not looking forward to the cold weather and having to start using the heater in my shop.

Anyway, it's that time to show off your recent finds from the past week. Whether it be bike related or not.
Please include a story of the pick and pictures as we do love pictures.

I'm not usually one that will pick up 24" bike but this 1954 AMF Pleasure Liner Roadmaster ended up on my bike rack last week.

ec0ccf293e63126ee5ed59ecbe82bd3c.jpg

5a36d2e48ffcdd04a40f3a875f0ed87b.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Last edited:

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 3, 2013
Tuxedo Park, United States
Fall Colores

Finished this yesterday for my wife, started with a 20 dollar frame & guard from Dudley. Fenders, I can't remember where they came from, wheels are from Bikehoarder. Ended up with the fork & great carbide light from Trexlertown. She likes it too, always a plus.

Attachments

sfhschwinn

I live for the CABE
Feb 7, 2014
new york
My grandfather's cousin gave me this Rand Superia 5 speed yesterday that belonged to his son in the 70s. I was so excited when I saw it but it had no chain, brakes, and a flat. Luckily he had other walmart type bikes for me as well so I took apart a 10 speed 20inch mtb and within 15 min had this thing running. Can't wait to get it all cleaned up and fixed properly!
IMG_1540.jpg
IMG_1541.jpg

bicycle larry

I live for the CABE
Jan 30, 2014
Mountain Grove, Canada
sundays show and tell

wow!!!good looking job done on this bike mike j .i like the wood work super job !!!! from bicycle larry

M & M cycle

Finally riding a big boys bike
Oct 9, 2013
Eagle Lake MN
wow

Finished this yesterday for my wife, started with a 20 dollar frame & guard from Dudley. Fenders, I can't remember where they came from, wheels are from Bikehoarder. Ended up with the fork & great carbide light from Trexlertown. She likes it too, always a plus.
nice work!!!!, M & M

oskisan

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Dec 31, 2006
Dublin, United States
kenskorner.org
Beautiful picture

I really like the background and the color of the changing leaves... Very nice!

Ken

Wayne Adam

I live for the CABE
Feb 13, 2011
Stillwater, New Jersey United States
1934 Schwinn

I picked up this '34 or '35 Ladies Schwinn Excelsior B3 or B10 yesterday. It is missing the fenders and truss rods,
but I only paid $25.00 for it. I still think that it is worth saving any of these antique bikes that I find.
Thanks for looking......Wayne
PS Sorry for the funky pictures, indoor, no flash.

Attachments

jd56

Mar 26, 2011
Norfolk Va / Va. Beach va.
I picked up this '34 or '35 Ladies Schwinn Excelsior B3 or B10 yesterday. It is missing the fenders and truss rods,
but I only paid $25.00 for it. I still think that it is worth saving any of these antique bikes that I find.
Thanks for looking......Wayne
PS Sorry for the funky pictures, indoor, no flash.
Wayne your knack for finding nice survivors for such little investment always surprises me. I'm envious. But, only because I have such a low bike budget to work with....lol

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Blackout

Sep 29, 2011
Mother earth/west Mi
not much bike related but got this stuff
cool boxes
wfikqf9l-1.jpg

120# anvil
s7CDg4Zl-1.jpg

scrap yard find steel piston 14" high 11" dia. was there when the old man brought it in said they used it for a anvil in there shop, had to have it :cool:
TYWWTCBl-1.jpg

Last edited:

joel.romeo.79

Aug 19, 2014
Garland, United States
www.facebook.com
9e5a1099b6a6530af23d60445628aafb.jpg
some guys showed up with loose leaf for sales sign riding a whizzer toting some bare frames. I was trying to feel them out on a TOC looking double triangle and asked about the Hawthorn.
4caa68920d7f472dcc224ecd64ec4b4f.jpg

Um.... Yea .......it was like that
I wanted the chain ring really bad but I already blew my allowance this week so I
was afraid to ask what he was giving it away forand I wasn't trying hard enough to sell anything
e1dbb8108c3526472bf4af442abe903d.jpg

I probably goofed on this one too but they kept trying to talk me out of my durailium on the deal and wouldn't give me a straight answer
ec490885a5929a01e0d2ea885baa1657.jpg

Grrrrrrrrrr I shouldn't have wasted money on groceries and electricity and stuff the day before a swap meet. Geez

It wasn't me I swear.

Last edited:
This ad goes away when you register for an account!

cadillacbike

Nov 3, 2010
Roanoke Va.
Sweet looking bike man.

TammyN

Dec 31, 2012
Eastern Washington
Amazing bike and photo!

petritl

I live for the CABE
Aug 15, 2012
Washington, IL
Not a big bike week, my wife and I went to a monthly flea market and came home with a Cat 3208 die cast model and a few old flashlights.

I seem to recall seeing brackets that would mount a flash light to the handle bars of a bike. Anyone have a spare clamp?

20141019_145054_zps54c8bd77-1.jpg

kccomet

Mar 23, 2009
Independence, United States
picked this up a couple of weeks ago along with a few other bikes. i just put it together this weekend, does that count. it will clean up pretty well, i havent put a rag to it yet, it will clean up and look pretty decent

Attachments

Bri-In-RI

Nov 17, 2010
Johnston Rhode Island
I picked up a few things this week and have a bike getting delivered tomorrow as well.

Crazy medical device from a medical building that is being torn down. The Jones Motor Basal metabolism tester circa 1937. This thing is freaky cool and looks great in the bike room! Missing the face mask but I'll make one up for display.

DSCF3112_zps9e24fe95-1.jpg

DSCF3111_zps789c3b85-1.jpg

DSCF3110_zps4c8acc6a-1.jpg

1920s Excelsior frame? I have NO idea why I bought this and have NO use for it. Beer and ebay...no good!

DSCF3109_zpsee005ea5-1.jpg

DSCF3107_zpsf7e72f75-1.jpg

bikewhorder

Nov 9, 2011
Midcoast, ME
That thing is awesome!

Hey man could you test my metabolism next time I'm in the area?

This ad goes away when you register for an account!