When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference

-
Help with this vin on a Sears spaceliner

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Found this Sears spaceliner but the vin number is weird it reads 6...66 and that all other then mo. To the left about two inches away?

Found this Sears spaceliner but the vin number is weird it reads 6...66 and that all other then mo. To the left about two inches away?
It's definitely not a Spaceliner. It might be a Western Flyer Cosmic Flyer judging by the scalloped chain guard, built by Murray.

ebaypictures008-1.jpg

Last edited:
The chain guard looks a lot like the one on my Astro Flite-
astro flite.jpg

Just for fun, the numbers on the left rear droppout are WC3708 1 610612. At first from the H on the forks I figured this was a Huffy clone. But upon reflection I realized that it is probably H for Hiawatha.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an idea about this serial number? Theres a 2 stamped on top of the 0 for the fourth digit.
That's interesting. The frame must have originally been earmarked for a single-speed hub, but was changed to a two-speed Bendix hub, thus the change of the digit from 0 to 2. Both are deluxe models, with the only difference being the rear hub.

spaceliner id2.jpg
spaceliner id.jpg

Here are pics of my Spaceliner numbers. It is extremely hard to make out in person as well as on photos. It has a clip for the tank and had the forks of of a springer all though the rattrap had been removed.

Thanks for your help,
Doug "Sludgeguy"

spaceliner id2.jpg

spaceliner id.jpg

Does any body know were I can got a tank for my spaceliner. I've been looking for years

Sent from my C6530N using Tapatalk
Tanks aren't that easy to find and depending on which model you have or retailer that sold the bike and of course gender if the bike will need to be known before the search can be done.
Let's see which model you have.

It's all about the Rescue / Revival and of course the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

my FB page
https://m.facebook.com/antiquebikerescue

Doug, looks like a western auto stamping. Erhaps there is a "MO" stamping preceeding the "4".....Let's see the whole bike.
Many think they have a Sears sold Spaceliner when they in fact may have one of the Murray clones of the Spaceliner.

The serial of the Sears Spaceliner and many other Murray thanklight models, should have a "MO" and number or letter prefix stamping.

It's all about the Rescue / Revival and of course the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

my FB page
https://m.facebook.com/antiquebikerescue

Back