When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Sears Spaceliner Reference

-
here is my 64' Solar Flite, well what it looked like when I bought it at least.

Right now it is being taken apart and getting ready for an attempt at restoration.

All it really needed when I found out about it was someone who really wanted to ride it again, however I have a little work to do before I get that opportunity.
farm bike.jpg

This is the night I got it.
20151226_185654.jpg

The mock up prior to tearing it down. First time it was on it's own two feet in over 40 years. Front
Front.jpg
Rear
Rear.jpg

Hardest part is going to be finding a couple of the parts it is missing, most importantly the air foil fender ornament.

I have a space liner, girls, chrome, twin switch dash, with a serial of 469501 91375. Color me stupid but i don't think it applies to the chart. Someone with more sense wanna help a guy out?

I have a space liner, girls, chrome, twin switch dash, with a serial of 469501 91375. Color me stupid but i don't think it applies to the chart. Someone with more sense wanna help a guy out?
Your serial number indicates it's model # 46950. It's in the chart, but it isn't linked to any photos because it's the one model I've never been able to source photos of. If your's is complete, I'd love to get pics from you so I can add them to the guide.

Here's the description from the chart.
46950 (1964-65, 26", Standard chrome, Women's, 1-speed, front truss bars but no springer fork, 2 rack reflectors instead of tail light, horn)

Well I appreciate the info man! Unfortunately mine is a mens painted frame, non springer, 2 rack reflectors but no horn. It hung in a barn for over 20 years and I believe it to original down the tires. I cant upload or copy and paste pics.....

Well I appreciate the info man! Unfortunately mine is a mens painted frame, non springer, 2 rack reflectors but no horn.
Now you have me confused because this description doesn't match your original description "I have a space liner, girls, chrome, twin switch dash, with a serial of 469501 91375.", which is a correct description for that model number in 1964/65.

The bike you're now describing sounds like a model # 46303 from 1966-68

Last edited:
Now you have me confused because this description doesn't match your original description "I have a space liner, girls, chrome, twin switch dash, with a serial of 469501 91375.", which is a correct description for that model number in 1964/65.

The bike you're now describing sounds like a model # 46303 from 1966-68

100% my fault, you are correct. (I have both and got confuzzled) It does have a horn and light as the twin switch dash, but this bike could very well be non original. It is a chrome frame, 1 speed, truss bars, no springer, relflectors in rear, not rear lights..... Sorry for my stupidity and your help! I took a few pics, If you want better or different ones, just PM me.

DSCN0491.JPG

DSCN0492.JPG

DSCN0493.JPG

Last edited:
100% my fault, you are correct. (I have both and got confuzzled) It does have a horn and light as the twin switch dash, but this bike could very well be non original. It is a chrome frame, 1 speed, truss bars, no springer, relflectors in rear, not rear lights..... Sorry for my stupidity and your help! I took a few pics, If you want better or different ones, just PM me.
Awesome! That's exactly what I thought it was, and it looks 100% original. You have a nice bike, there.

I'll PM you about getting some higher res. pictures emailed to me so I can add them to the Spaceliner reference guide.

Thanks to CrazyDave, pictures have now been added to the Spaceliner guide for the last of the Spaceliner models that didn't have reference pics (46950). The link to pics in the Spaceliner guide for Model 46950 is now active (better pics than posted above in Comment #87).

Thanks, Dave.

Back