When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That bike is a fillet brazed frame, which is nice. One of the fork blades is a little bent. It's not awful, but my concern is it has more give to it than normal. I'm wondering if it has been bent and straightened before. I'll put it on the fork jig and see what turns up when I get to this bike.

Earliest prewar D serial bike we have a pic of the BB is this one D2733:

Crazy bent fork racer
View attachment 1835704

@Oilit 's D8XXX is one of the later 3 piece crank D serials:

The D11XXX bikes are the latest 3 piece crank biikes we've seen

For comparison, here are a couple of the later number, 1 piece crank ,machine stamped, D serial BBs:

Cool and unusual New Hudson sign. I've got an early post-war New Hudson Silver Arrow with a Reynolds 531 frame in line for cleaning and reassembly.

I love looking at the stuff in the background of peoples pics too @SirMike1983

@63caddy has a nice wartime New World for sale here.
fb704ddd-b15a-49d9-9751-80c54e8f8b64-jpeg.jpg

e5177100-9e84-46fb-b130-61bd6ab760e1-jpeg.jpg

fa39244f-5c9f-4210-aa64-7f3b3aba26a7-jpeg.jpg

c5814fce-41ca-40cf-bbde-07a2ec2c3549-jpeg.jpg

2812aa04-2232-4deb-add7-4844e58db738-jpeg.jpg

73959de8-0608-4e40-900c-cfc622148fce-jpeg.jpg

7e39265e-0396-4c99-a1db-6f829ea67200-jpeg.jpg

Looks like a Defense model to me with only some blackout parts. @GTs58 pointed out the single rear mudguard stay already. Lobdell Victory saddle and reverse paint mudguards and wheels are sweet! Frame paint and decals look really nice too.

That kickstand doesn't look like a Miller to me for some reason. Any ideas? The rear reflector seems different than any I've seen. ??

Looks like a Defense model to me with only some blackout parts. @GTs58 pointed out the single rear mudguard stay already. Lobdell Victory saddle and reverse paint mudguards and wheels are sweet! Frame paint and decals look really nice too.

That kickstand doesn't look like a Miller to me for some reason. Any ideas? The rear reflector seems different than any I've seen. ??
You're right, the kickstand looks like something besides a Miller. And I just pulled one of those reflector buttons off of one of my bikes, it was held on with a wingnut inside the fender and I needed more clearance for the tire, so it's probably a replacement. The original must have gotten damaged or lost.

Those "War Tires" are cool, and not real common. Thanks for the pictures!
Thanks Oilit.
Yea ive never heard or seen the designation before. The "war tires" has a poundage listed at 60psi. which I find out of place. I have other breeze and 26 tires that are early 60s or late 50s that list 45 or 55 psi. I have a breeze tire with a similar number code made with nylon.

I'm guessing the wartire is a steel belted type instead of nylon. Nothing listed on the tire, but schwinns early balloon tires list them as being "just like a car tire" and its reinforced with something. They don't seem much different, just inflexible sidewalls, until I try to ride on them. It rides like pushing through mud compared to the nylon cord breeze tires.

Back