When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That’s a great looking bike!
AFCAB4B6-3942-4BD6-AA42-D8C8D20AA039.jpeg

79088D73-F20D-4349-B1D9-7E6B5759F8C8.jpeg

Y99811 is a bare frame on ebay. It has the old-style, rear-facing back forks. No seam on bottom bracket shell. Pre-war style D-blade front fork. Looks like a standard sized men's frame. There's a dent in the seat tube. The bike may have originally been red, but it's hard to tell based on the condition. Front fork crown has no provision for a brake caliper. The fender screw mounts upwards like on an earlier antique style frame. The upper rear fender bridge also has no provision for a brake caliper, similar to an "antique" type frame. The seat stays look heavier than usual, more like an antique frame.

Nw1.jpg

NW2.jpg

NW3.jpg

NW4.jpg

Last edited:
Y99811 is a bare frame on ebay. It has the old-style, rear-facing back forks. No seam on bottom bracket shell. Pre-war style D-blade front fork. Looks like a standard sized men's frame. There's a dent in the seat tube. The bike may have originally been red, but it's hard to tell based on the condition. Front fork crown has no provision for a brake caliper. The fender screw mounts upwards like on an earlier antique style frame. The upper rear fender bridge also has no provision for a brake caliper, similar to an "antique" type frame. The seat stays look heavier than usual, more like an antique frame.

View attachment 2016719

View attachment 2016718

View attachment 2016717

View attachment 2016716

With a "Y" serial? That's a new wrinkle!

I suppose it also could be a slightly earlier "antique" type diamond frame that someone added the New World badge to later on. There's always a possibility like that to throw things off. The badge seems to have the right aging to it though and it comes with pre-war New World cranks and chain ring, so who knows.

I suppose it also could be a slightly earlier "antique" type diamond frame that someone added the New World badge to later on. There's always a possibility like that to throw things off. The badge seems to have the right aging to it though and it comes with pre-war New World cranks and chain ring, so who knows.

I'm thinking that BB shell is a late 1938 stamped piece. That could be an early 1939 NW since it has the prewar rear fork end. We haven't seen many of the 1939's and I'm wondering where all the pictures of bikepaulie's 39 NW are. His serial is C05696.

Here's another NW on eBay and said to be a Racer with a C serial number and the rear fork drop outs. It appears the fork is a Racer piece with not as much rake as the Tourist.

1712028715220.png

1712028763977.png

1712029193210.png

Here's the eBay listing.........

I'm thinking that BB shell is a late 1938 stamped piece. That could be an early 1939 NW since it has the prewar rear fork end. We haven't seen many of the 1939's and I'm wondering where all the pictures of bikepaulie's 39 NW is. His serial is C05696.

Here's another NW on eBay and said to be a Racer with a C serial number and the rear fork drop outs. It appears the fork is a Racer piece with not as much rake as the Tourist.

View attachment 2017066

View attachment 2017067

View attachment 2017071

Un
I'm thinking that BB shell is a late 1938 stamped piece. That could be an early 1939 NW since it has the prewar rear fork end. We haven't seen many of the 1939's and I'm wondering where all the pictures of bikepaulie's 39 NW are. His serial is C05696.

View attachment 2017066

View attachment 2017067

View attachment 2017071

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2563952889...ampid=5335809022&toolid=20001&mkevt=1[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, this was my complete racer from post number 470 on this thread. I sold the bike complete to another gentleman and he eventually sold it to a bike shop. The bike shop must have sold it to this guy who sells a ton of stuff on eBay and he literally stripped every part off of it and is selling it piece by piece on eBay for ridiculous prices. Unfortunately it is what it is but had I known its demise, I never would have sold it.
Post in thread 'Wartime Schwinn New World Bikes - We Know You Have Them - Tell Us About Them!!'
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/w...e-them-tell-us-about-them.151709/post-1329486

View attachment 2017066

View attachment 2017067

View attachment 2017071

Looks like I botched my previous response. Unfortunately, this was my complete racer from post number 470 on this thread. I sold the bike complete to another gentleman and he eventually sold it to a bike shop. The bike shop must have sold it to this guy who sells a ton of stuff on eBay and he literally stripped every part off of it and is selling it piece by piece on eBay for ridiculous prices. Unfortunately it is what it is but had I known its demise, I never would have sold it.

Back