When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
promised lifetime yearly maintenance
I am in need of such a mechanic; How Much??
Price per bike? How often does it need maintenance? How many miles can I go before it needs it again?
IMG_1103.JPG

The Santa Ana River Trail was my Mother Nature Sanctuary today.

IMG_1105.jpg
IMG_1127.jpg
IMG_1128.jpg

More pics from the 1st 28 miles, before the ride to Orange.:p
IMG_1061.JPG
IMG_1065.jpg

I met @Cory this morning to ride to the HB Pier.
We chatted a bit and took pics while he drank his coffee.
Then I rode away to go to the end of Newport's Balboa peninsula; the Wedge.
IMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1078.JPG
IMG_1084.jpg
IMG_1087.jpg
IMG_1092.JPG

I met my Sweetie at her Mom's house for Mothers' Day Hugs.
I rode to the Circle City Ride in Orange from here.
Great day of riding Velvet; more than 60+ miles.
IMG_1106.JPG
IMG_1116.jpg

Even I can see this one's due for some maintenance.:eek:

I am in need of such a mechanic; How Much??
Price per bike? How often does it need maintenance? How many miles can I go before it needs it again?

I need one of those mechanics. How much? Priceless!! Price per bike? Alot. How often? Often. How many miles? It depends.
I probably shouldn't have promised him that rose garden, but he did voluntary legal work for me so he earned it. I also love to work on bikes so win/win.

21st Century Hawthorne Flyer got let out of the cage today for a couple hours. About 37mi. of riding inland towards the Santa Ana's up San Diego Creek.
IMG_3453.JPG

IMG_3454.JPG

Last edited:
Fun Mother’s Day ride on the canal with the whole family. Zip tied a basket on the bars of my 1990 Specialized Rockhopper Comp and my wife happily overlooked the inoperable front shifter. :)

We stopped by the Roadrunner on our way to what the kids call “the other far away park”.
511F2EF4-A46B-4594-A3FA-9D99991A9D14.jpeg

88CFCD72-9291-4BAC-B2BD-60020F27FA77.jpeg

So much fun riding my grandpa’s 41 World on the canal with my wife and kids. :cool:

a couple of cool bikes showed up on yesterday's group ride. Stevo and I rode in from his house to turn it into 28 needed miles.
The greenways are blown out with run-off from monsoon rains, and yesterday was a beautiful window between the rains.
First off, the lead group in the sprint totally smoked me yesterday - I had to be a minute behind them.
But a couple of bikes worth showing - first, this beautiful lugged steel Waterford with first-gen Campy Chorus (came in with the pack).
CtJNLVQ.jpg

At coffee stop, this great project bike turned out, a TiGg'd steel mountain bike frame, now on 700c wheels; a different 700c steel unicrown front fork with TiGg'd boss added for disc brake, unpainted (hasn't yet added the boss for a rear brake caliper)
Those blue-anodized levers are Paul Components Engr.
fawHqdX.jpg

and a really nice job on a smart brazed-stainless-tubing porter rack
yDMUXh2.jpg

As project bikes go, Stevo rode his Schwinn World Sport frame built with SRAM 2-speed auto, dyno lamps, though he may have found a Mercian frame to move all the parts over.
This bike has 2 gears, 78" and 55", and Steve made a very respectable showing on it, finishing about a minute behind me and far ahead of the pack.
It also does a great job on the northside rolling hills.
kQkjOrY.jpg

my '74 International - all the parts on this bike once sported my '76 Grand Prix
h9UwxW7.jpg

Last edited:
I rode my 79 Suburban to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription.
This is a lovely shot of a gloomy, getting ready to rain day, and a bunch of buzzards sitting on the roof of the church.
20190513_114707.jpg

Stared to sprinkle, parked under this conveyor. Had to wait about 20 minutes to get my prescription filled
20190513_120038.jpg
I thought I was gonna beat the rains back home. WRONG!
20190513_130742.jpg

Despite getting a little drenched, it was still a good ride.

Back